ODFL | Miles per center location

roadtrain7

TB Lurker
Credits
Was wondering if there is any info on different centers,runs available for that location/miles per run? Considering most freight moves east to west, would a location like Seattle be limited on potential? Currently out of Denver and have all 4 directions of travel. She is in Arizona but hates the summer heat, I wouldn't mind a dry climate lol. Just comparing areas with my girlfriend so whenever I can transfer we pick the best location for us to live in.

You'll get miles in Seattle but you'll get lots of chaining too. Most of our runs are 500-600 miles a night.

We also have lots of 200-300 mile city routes until they build the Bellingham terminal soon.

Just a warning if you move up here, keep your woman away from the terminal,, I don't need any more lovestruck women chasing me.

I would bet Billy can steer with1 knee,text, and hit the bottle funnel,all @70 mph.....

Guys guys guys, there are many lengendary stories that good people like fbn spread about me but the fact is I'm just a hard working driver.

Besides our trucks haven't done 70 since 06'

Guys guys guys, there are many lengendary stories that good people like fbn spread about me but the fact is I'm just a hard working driver.

Besides our trucks haven't done 70 since 06'

OH K, I'm familiar with the fairy tales, they usually start "Once upon a time"
I'm also familiar with the truck driver's tales, they mostly start " You Ain'T Gonna Believe This Crap"
But you may need to clue us in on this "LEGENDARY" stuff.

OH K, I'm familiar with the fairy tales, they usually start "Once upon a time"
I'm also familiar with the truck driver's tales, they mostly start " You Ain'T Gonna Believe This Crap"
But you may need to clue us in on this "LEGENDARY" stuff.

Just going to work on time would be legendary to a teamster driver!!

Was wondering if there is any info on different centers,runs available for that location/miles per run? Considering most freight moves east to west, would a location like Seattle be limited on potential? Currently out of Denver and have all 4 directions of travel. She is in Arizona but hates the summer heat, I wouldn't mind a dry climate lol. Just comparing areas with my girlfriend so whenever I can transfer we pick the best location for us to live in.
I transferred out of PHX in 06. I'm in PDX. Brother try to look for a break bulk terminal. We run East, North and South. You of course would be on the extra board, but with a break bulk you move up fast. Our shortest run is Seattle with the longer runs being MEO and Klamath Falls. Bid is annually by seniority. Out of PDX, both 84 and 5 are triples lanes. You get .02 more a mile plus the extra drops and hooks. You have to be certified though. This is a great time to start asking. Most of the extra board is being turned in 10 and covering vacations. Winter you'll probably be doing a bag run to Boise. Any questions, let me know. And yes some tractors are turned up. It depends on the run and state speed limit. None of ours are though, it's 55 in Oregon.

If you run out of sea, try to stay far away from pdx. That place makes all of our line guys sit forever. It'll turn a small 300 mile trip into a 14 hour day easily! Place don't have their stuff together that's for sure.

If you run out of sea, try to stay far away from pdx. That place makes all of our line guys sit forever. It'll turn a small 300 mile trip into a 14 hour day easily! Place don't have their stuff together that's for sure.
Unfortunately I must agree. I can end up waiting for my freight sometimes. But it's not only PDX. I could be waiting for a southbound relay from Seattle or from the east. That's due to the outdated freeway system that surrounds the Portland area. The biggest problem I have is freight being dispatched from Chico, through SAC. No northbound, I sit. Don't have a meet partner, just run freight.

Unfortunately I must agree. I can end up waiting for my freight sometimes. But it's not only PDX. I could be waiting for a southbound relay from Seattle or from the east. That's due to the outdated freeway system that surrounds the Portland area. The biggest problem I have is freight being dispatched from Chico, through SAC. No northbound, I sit. Don't have a meet partner, just run freight.

Only good time to go to pdx is on the weekend. Never have to wait then.

I heard BillyLo was running in the texting while driving class at the Washington State TDC???

I think our guys are still waiting on the safety man to give them the info books for the roadeo. But you don't worry, our guys already know how to hit send really damn good while on that drive line.

I think he entered the division of knocking cones away with the rear box in the twins class....

That's reminds me of a story my dad told me... he and another driver were driving through a construction zone in Texas one night and taking turns knocking over the barrels with their trailers. They had knocked down at least a mile of barrels when the state patrol caught them... made them both pull over and go set them back up.

Reactions: Ump