Holland | "Mobileye"

wongway

-15% Yellow step-child supporter !!
Credits
Well sure all you driver's have read the "Mobileye" letter of the latest in-cab technology , they are installing in all tractors ?? Really IF they can afford to spend money on these , then give us backs our week's vac.time and 5% of our pay :1036316054: and plus installing them in these old Sterling that are worth maybe $1500-$2000. bucks ??

Well sure all you driver's have read the "Mobileye" letter of the latest in-cab technology , they are installing in all tractors ?? Really IF they can afford to spend money on these , then give us backs our week's vac.time and 5% of our pay :1036316054: and plus installing them in these old Sterling that are worth maybe $1500-$2000. bucks ??
They took the mobileyes out of the trucks here. What They are installing are brackets for new handhelds.

They are being installed in all New Penn equipment. Only detects what is in front of you. And was told they do not record or transmit info anywhere.

It is more of an alert system. It can detect pedestrians in cross walks, if you start to fade out of your lane.. It can read speed limit signs and alert you if you are going over the limit. bsaically another pair of eyes on the road.

the point is so YRC and its operateing companys can run around and tell the motoring public and whoever else will listen or even care , that there people drive the safest trucks in the industry. , and of course the slowest ones also..come on driver, you know were all about safety anymore. ocasionally we haul undamaged and on time freight.

the point is so YRC and its operateing companys can run around and tell the motoring public and whoever else will listen or even care , that there people drive the safest trucks in the industry. , and of course the slowest ones also..come on driver, you know were all about safety anymore. ocasionally we haul undamaged and on time freight.
Lol. Don't forget ABF. The only Holland trucks I pass are at a truck stop or broke down! We need walkers on the front of our trucks.

Undamaged AND on time? you need to choose one or the other. Remember our motto " Holland freight we get it there on time, no matter how long it takes"

The first I had seen was last night in a 27 series Volvo. They were there installing them and the handheld stations. My 36 series broke down and central gave me that to get home. It's annoying as hell at best. I had to ask myself how I had made it through the last 30 years in a truck without that thing beeping at me. Lol. And then, why put new technology in a truck with 1.25+ million miles on it? The only thing I can figure is that they are getting a substantial break on insurance by installing them. They told us that ours would be getting all that crap next week when we are off for thanksgiving.

Undamaged AND on time? you need to choose one or the other. Remember our motto " Holland freight we get it there on time, no matter how long it takes"

There is no such thing as on time any more for standard rates. If a customer wants it on time then they have to pay an up charge. The old world of delivering everything asap is over.

They are being installed in all New Penn equipment. Only detects what is in front of you. And was told they do not record or transmit info anywhere.

They might not be doing that now, but they have the capability to do so according to there website. And the new radios also tie onto the ECM so they are going to be able to have a full report on your driving behavior. Mobile eye is also a serious competior to Google s self driving car. Look at there website. It might be driving a truck without you in a few years.

They might not be doing that now, but they have the capability to do so according to there website. And the new radios also tie onto the ECM so they are going to be able to have a full report on your driving behavior. Mobile eye is also a serious competior to Google s self driving car. Look at there website. It might be driving a truck without you in a few years.
I wouldn't count on Google's tech scaling up to an articulating tractor trailer so easily. Even planes still need pilots, and they can take off and land on their own.

It is more of an alert system. It can detect pedestrians in cross walks, if you start to fade out of your lane.. It can read speed limit signs and alert you if you are going over the limit. bsaically another pair of eyes on the road.
Yeah, but mine picks up ramp speed limit signs going down the highway. The other night it said that I was going 35 mph over in a 70 mph zone. My truck will ony run 64 mph on new rubber. Lol. It's been a long time since I've ran over 100 mph in a truck!

1. Mobileye
    Company · mobileye.com
    Mobileye is a technology company that develops vision-based advanced driver assistance systems providing warnings for collision prevention and mitigation. Wikipedia

Stock price: MBLY (NYSE)$41.00+0.38 (+0.94%)
    Dec 21, 1:33 PM EST - Disclaimer
    Headquarters: Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Founders: Ziv Aviram, Amnon Shashua
    Profiles
    LinkedIn
    Facebook

Isn't there a conflict of interest here? Foreign company OWNED by Goldman Sachs and administered by Heidi Nelson Cruz. Aren't we supposed to buy AMERICAN made technology FIRST?? Or maybe, this is just another "Cracked Dutchman" thing.....Any, IMO, if they have the $$$$ to buy these $50K Dimensioners and all this "helpful" safety stuff, I'd rather see that money put back into my pension and paycheck. I really don't need all this horse crap to do my job. Simply so, turn the equipment up to operate at POSTED road speed, and a lot of accidents that have been occurring will stop. We are told/shown the accidents where we do the striking, how about showing us the "other" photo's where we are struck in the rear, or run off the road, because we are a rolling impediment??

Has anybody at any barns got busted by these mobileye B.S. things & what they record ???? and sure is nice Holland-yrc has surplus money to spend on silly stuff like this !!! just remember this when voting in 2019 !!!