ABF | Modern Day Politics

Copy of Mr. Obama's birth certificate re-released by the White House in 2011. www.newsmax.com/InsideCover/Obama-birthcertificate-WhiteHouse/2011/04/27/id394249. One of the many, many sites to actually publish a long form of Mr. Obama's birth certificate. His short form was released in 2008 after he was elected, in response to people claiming the vetting process done by the FBI and CIA were not thorough......

I'm a liberal-leaning radical? Huh! ....Well,...I've been called worse. Actually, what I am is a Political Action Committee Treasurer for my Local,.....have been for the last 10 years. I am answerable to the membership on the open floor (we just had the monthly meeting...) for the recommendations of the endorsements we make,....I have to give the reasons why I'm making certain choices .....about a third of our members are Republican, and the other two-thirds are registered Democrat,....with a scattering of Green, and Independent Party voters. Part of my (Voluntary and unpaid) job is to interview various candidates who want the endorsement of our Local,.....That includes both parties. By the way, I sign the checks, too.....Under Federal law, no Union official can handle or disperse political contributions. It must be an ad hoc committee formed completely by the rank-and-file and absolutely autonomous from Local Officer's control. I'm audited 7 times a year by the state........

So,......although I won't say I'm an expert at politics,....I do dabble quite a bit in it, in a capacity where I am answerable for my actions to the membership. Personally, I don't think I'm a "Radical",......but since I disagree with you, I guess I am.........

Good points,.....and I agree that childish behavior merely gets in the way of the reasons people are dissatisfied. Agents provocateurs? It happened before, in the '60's and '70's with the student protests. The most violent agitators were in the pay of the FBI.

Big Business will call the shots on "illegal aliens"......They're the ones that brought them here so they don't have to pay minimum wage, or S.S.tax, or Workers Compensation insurance,.......so they can make a billion-and-a-half this year, instead of just a billion. They'll tell Mr.Trump to gradually back off and shut up,.....Hey, he's won the election,....he no longer has to pound on "illegal aliens"..........And Big Business wil conduct Business As Usual with their off-the-books workforce........

Betcha a dollar that four years from now, we'll still have 11 million "undocumented" aliens,......Maybe even some of them working for contractors on the Wall......
But no mention by this poster on the fact that all these illegal immigrants crossing our southern border and all these so-called "refugees" that Obama, Hillary and the Democrats want in are considered likely Democrat voters in upcoming elections. The fact that they cannot be vetted properly does not matter. The votes they can glean out of these people are more important than protecting our borders. Union organizers feel the same way. The Democrat politicians thought Hillary was a "shoe-in" because of this and their fight against proof of citizenship at polling places with a photo ID. Many, many illegals voted with forged ID's and those officials in sanctuary cities did nothing to stop it.

Do you,........ ahh,.... spend a lot of time looking at Breitbart.com?

Apparently you don't remember the death threats against Mr.Obama and family......Rush Limbaugh and his "Moo-chelle and her pickaninnies" schtick.........The cartoons of the White House surrounded by a watermelon patch........ Of course, the " birther" groups and how Mr. Obama insisted on getting sworn in on the Koran instead of the Bible..........Sen.. Mitch McConnell's remark about how they were going to do everything in Congress's power to insure Obama would be a one-term president?........ and their subsequent stonewalling of just about every piece of legislation Mr. Obama proposed?

Or....... how about this? We're both truck drivers, we both get to wander into the back door/loading dock of hundreds of businesses in a years' time. And....... since we're truck drivers, no one expects much out of us in the way of controversial political discourse............Tell me truthfully, how many times a week did you hear someone say: " I hate that n#&$@& in the White House"?
I know I heard it at least once a week for eight years.........

Mr. Obama ......... and his family,........handled the virulent and latent racism rampant in this country with class , taste and intelligence. Most of the stuff you posted can be taken right off Breitbart or Limbaugh. Mr.Obama was handed an economy in free fall, due to Wall Street's running rampant through the real estate finance market. I think he did a fine job.

And now it appears that the campaign promise to "repeal Obamacare" is going to take a long, long time, because apparently those that are on " Obamacare" .....kind of like it.

What about "Lock her Up"? ........ That's not getting done either.......

Did Mr.Trump use emotion and outrage to get elected,........Instead of good old reliable facts?

By the way, Islamic religion does not teach hate or killing.

Maybe you should read the words of that famous Middle Eastern philosopher Yehoshua bin Yusef.......

Especially his Sermon on the Mount.
It has become apparent , by your own admission, that you are now an active member of a Pennsylvania Teamster Local (probably in Philly or Pittsburgh) that is "in the tank" completely for any Democrat that comes along, regardless of who they are or what they stand for. You also said you are a (volunteer, unpaid Treasurer of the Union PAC) but you did not name it specifically. The only Teamster sponsored PAC I know of is D.R.I.V.E. that passes itself off as an unbiased source of information on ALL political party candidates, providing campaign support in an equal manner. Even the name of the PAC is meant to be a rather catchy phrase to be attractive ti professional truck drivers (aka Teamsters) DRIVE. That name is also deceiving to members. What the 5 letters represent is Democrat Republican Independent Voter Education. Nice sounding name and supposed purpose. What they don't understand is how that money is being spent. They don't understand what is happening to the money they are gently pressured into giving every week through an automatic payroll deduction, it is suggested that to NOT do so may mean some repercussions from the union hall, so most blindly sign up for it. The one thing they are never told publicly, is that 92% of all DRIVE money goes to Democrats that the Local bosses choose - only 8% goes to any Republican - 0% goes to an Independent. Once the money goes into the DRIVE PAC the contributors have no say in how it was spent. Is that unbiased? No.

I understand that "You have to do what you have to do" to keep your bosses happy by supplying as many Democratic votes and PAC money as possible from you Locals membership. I also understand that you have to disregard the real damage that Hoffa and the Democrats have done to the country and the Teamsters (both the CSPF and the Freight Division) in order to keep your union local job. So just hold your nose and keep doing what you have to do to support yourself and your family.

On the "facts" about the last 8 years of Obama - the "facts" are there, the voters saw them (especially the ones in the middle of the country). The voters decided "enough was enough" no more Obama policies.

You claim the Islamic religion does not teach hate or killing. Have you gone to the website I provided yet?
www.thereligionofpeace.com There is plenty of proof there to the contrary on that non-political site. You may change your mind.

I am not what is termed an Islamophobe by your Democratic friends, I am just realistic.
Nice try on the "middle Eastern Philosopher - bin Yusef" bait. I didn't bite.

On all the hate filled racial comments you claim to be hearing - maybe you should find different friends. I know in my 36 years as a driver, both city p&d and line haul, I RARELY heard the n word or ⓇⒶⒸⒾⓈⓉ comments, but when I did it was usually coming out of the mouth of a very dark skinned fellow driver (mostly while in Chicago). Unfortunately racism goes both ways and lately - since Obama - it has been swinging toward the black side. He and his pal, AG Eric Holder, another black ⓇⒶⒸⒾⓈⓉ, worked together to make the racial divide in this country worse instead of better.

Since so many of your comments come from being an obvious "race baiter" and union defender of the Teamster position on the Democrats that have "thrown us under the bus" on the CSPF issue and also your completely ridiculous comment "The Islamic religion does not teach hate or killing", I consider you to be irrelevant. I won't be responding to any more of your options or comments. Ben Franklin once said "All of us are born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid"

Last edited:
Now that's loquacious and bodacious. :17142:
Loquacious ? Wow, I had to look that one up ! That must be a word that O'Reilly used.
OK- Got it. I'll try to trim things down a bit. Some things just can't be explained or commented on in only a few words. I guess now the preferred way to handle disagreements is no words at all -
If someone disagrees, just shoot 'em, like they do in Chicago. I'm not into that yet.
I just like to "call a spade a spade" when I see it, and back it up with provable facts. One of my many flaws that have cost some friendships to wither.
But when I'm wrong and it can be proven I'm wrong, I will "eat crow" and have in the past. (It ain't really that bad tasting if done with the right amount of seasoning)

Last edited:
Local #30 in Jeannette , Pa. has their own PAC Fund that we set up so that we could be autonomous from the PA.Conference of Teamsters, and have a better voice in local politics. It's listed on the Pa. Dept of State website, and I am named treasurer.

This is a PAC Fund that can send money to state candidates only. To send money to Federal candidates, we would have to establish a completely separate PAC Fund to do so. However, we can endorse anyone at any level. Congressman Tim Murphy (R) of Pittsburgh is one of our endorsees.

I think you've fallen into the trap that the American Legislative Education Council (ALEC) is trying to promulgate among Union members, that Unions are completely beholden to the Democratic party. They are pushing this agenda because it makes it easier to promote Right to Work laws.

Did you read where I said that a third of our members are registered Republican? It would be a pretty poor PAC Fund indeed if we could not recommend candidates for a third of our members, especially in PA.'s closed primary elections. I don't think we would've lasted 10 years if we only endorsed one Party.

Finally, let me tell you about a young man I interviewed because he wanted Local #30's endorsement. He is a Republican, and a small business owner. In the course of our rather extensive phone conversation, I asked him a theoretical question.........

As a business owner employing about 20 people, if there were tax breaks and incentives to purchase new technology, and through that technology, automate his business to where he could lay off 10 of those 20 people,........Would he do it?

After a good bit of hemming and hawing, he eventually admitted he would.......

Then I asked him if he would feel any sort of responsibility to the people he laid off..... I got an immediate "No!" .........With all the old bromides about how, in a capitalist society, you can be only responsible for yourself, and your own profits.

That, in my opinion, is the difference between Republican and Democrats nowadays. The Democrats will at least mealy-mouth about protecting the "least able" in our society. Whether they actually do anything is ......Debatable.

Economic Darwinism is not sustainable,........ Especially with an exponentially growing population.

The young man did not get our endorsement, but he did win, anyway , and now sits in the Penna. Legislature.

You should have tossed him a few bucks in spite of it all in case that happened. Now you're all over the top of his :::shit::: list.

If you pile all of those...... ....Lists........... that I'm on, I could charge admission for the cable car to take you to the observation tower I could build on that high eminence....

Oh,......And an extra dollar for the nose-clothespin.......

Sounds like ya all are still stuck in the Roxbury or South Dorchester neighbor hoods. I believe once ya all get your CDL you graduate from those wonderful areas of the city up to Beacon Hill. What gives? von.

Sounds like ya all are still stuck in the Roxbury or South Dorchester neighbor hoods. I believe once ya all get your CDL you graduate from those wonderful areas of the city up to Beacon Hill. What gives? von.

Hah! Brother Von,.....Last time I was in the Roxbury section of Boston, it had a pretty seedy reputation........

I'm sure it hasn't improved with age......... analogous to me.......

In this instance, does CDL stand for : "Crazy Damned Lunatic" ? If that's the case, I have a Class "A" CDL license........

Hah! Brother Von,.....Last time I was in the Roxbury section of Boston, it had a pretty seedy reputation........

I'm sure it hasn't improved with age......... analogous to me.......

In this instance, does CDL stand for : "Crazy Damned Lunatic" ? If that's the case, I have a Class "A" CDL license........
I got to admit. Never set foot in Boston. Used to deliver Fall Rivers all the time. Paper factory, way back in the late 70's. If you want to see the country, and young in age, & SINGLE by all means do it. That is why I became a driver. Wouldn't change it for anything. But now day with all the hoops ya got to jump thru, I would try to find a skilled trade, machinist, carpenter, something I could learn to make with my hands. Anymore trucking is to dangerous, & not being paid for all you time @ work is a big NO for a lifetime profession. von.