FedEx Freight | Monday Press Release?

The Red Phone!

ring , ring , ring...
Credits
Fedex press release this coming week on Monday. Dodn't know of what could be just FICTION, will see. Got a phone call, also heard from a different person yesterday than on the phone, we shall see.

Oh yea !!!
I'll bet you are right FM. We had a meeting last week saying we are going to hit Mexico hard and really want to show a strong presence there.

truckindaddy said:

Thanks for the link truckindaddy. I read the artice and something just does not seem right to me.
The first paragraph start with this: "FedEx Corp. is buying Watkins Motor Lines -- the largest privately run less-than-truckload carrier in the nation"

Then, the second paragraph starts with this:"Neither FedEx or Watkins would confirm details, but sources say FedEx will announce the acquisition.

What respected news source would make statements like that without having any sources to back it up?

CFer said:
Thanks for the link truckindaddy. I read the artice and something just does not seem right to me.
The first paragraph start with this: "FedEx Corp. is buying Watkins Motor Lines -- the largest privately run less-than-truckload carrier in the nation"

Then, the second paragraph starts with this:"Neither FedEx or Watkins would confirm details, but sources say FedEx will announce the acquisition.

What respected news source would make statements like that without having any sources to back it up?

FEDEX cannot confirm a deal before it happens because they are a publically traded company

hairbear said:
Crap, this Watkins thing is back, next thing you know that damned seniority thing will resurrect itself.:Die:

I just KNEW that horse wasn't dead yet! ;-)

Welcome Old AF !
I glad to have you Sir.
Looking foward to your input.

yikes... how would they combine all the terminals & breakbulks that are close or try to keep them separate...and would they dove tail the drivers & dock workers...

Jeff said:
FEDEX cannot confirm a deal before it happens because they are a publically traded company

I agree with that but why start the article saying "FedEx is buying Watkins" instead of Fedex reportedly buying Watkins or Fedex rumored to be buying Watkins

CFer said:
I agree with that but why start the article saying "FedEx is buying Watkins" instead of Fedex reportedly buying Watkins or Fedex rumored to be buying Watkins
They're located in Memphis, probably got some inside sources.

Watkins is building a new terminal just around the corner from us, wonder if that was coincidnce??

FM

Does Fedex have that kind of cash? Maybe us nonunion and union guys can get together and have a rebranding party. Will get some beer loads some food some paint some chicks and have a blast.

skull said:
Does Fedex have that kind of cash? Maybe us nonunion and union guys can get together and have a rebranding party. Will get some beer loads some food some paint some chicks and have a blast.

With their stock going through the roof this last year , I would think so .The beginning of the year they were around .90 a share and even after the rise in the price of fuel they are still closed at 109.34 on Friday

I am pretty sure this will not break them.

Drake said:
How will FedEx jobs and seniority be protected?
I am wondering the same thing. I am pretty sure though their main reason in trying to acquire Watkins is for the rights into Canada and Mexico. I believe that their secondary reason is to strengthen their cross country runs and to get rid of as much purchased transportation as they can.

I am not sure that it will impact existing employees much at all, especially the drivers. I am sure when they come out with the announcement they will explain most of this.