Reddaway | More Fishy Practices

usftrucker

TB Lurker
Credits
Seems as though the Bestway closure has USFR scrapping low value/priority trailers.

This is all good, if you want to weed out the crap in the fleet, since there is an over abundance of trailers in the first place.

But the other day when they were sending good trailers out to be scrapped, I had to do a little investigating. I'm talking about 1900, 2000, and 2100 series trailers. A lot of these are dependable, sturdy Comet trailers.

I have it from a trusted and often reliable source in the shop that these "better" trailers are being ditched for keeping some substandard Ex-USFB crap because they are a little older and worth less than the newer USFB crap.

Sit back and look at the big picture here:
If you were gonna spin off or bankrupt a subsidiary, wouldn't you keep the highest value stuff to get a bigger tax write off when it comes time for a "loss?"
It's the only reason I can think to get rid of proven dependable equipment over the substandard tinfoil walled trailers being held together with paper clips......................

Those COMET trailers are heavy which ruins the managements load average. Cmon on driver we need more wood chips :biglaugh:

Just my opinion..

mutley.gif
laughter.gif
I like it.............

come on guys quit knockin Bestway. the best trailers in the fleet are old Bestways, the 295-288-284-new283-280-285-286 you call those crap i'll take one of those any day over a 281 or a 282. When we had mechanics in sac at Bestway (the first thing Reddaway did was fire them don't believe in maintenance i guess) and the Reddaway junk started rolling in, they found break drums that had been metal on metal for YEARS worn almost completely through. And those freight destroying inner walls on the reddaways crap, how about those stupid dummy glad handles and who thought to put the glad handles and light socket where you cant reach them on the front of the trailers, anyone ever think to grease the landing gears, old bestways greasy old reddaways rusty. look at the con gears and tell me which ones are better. As for bestway draggin reddaway down, Bestway was always a strong company until we picked up the Home Depot account, Home Depot put bestway out of business and if reddaway keeps the account they will put reddaway out of business as well. The thing i wonder about is who in this company is setting up his family for generations with under the table home depot kickbacks.

i agree !!

come on guys quit knockin Bestway. the best trailers in the fleet are old Bestways, the 295-288-284-new283-280-285-286 you call those crap i'll take one of those any day over a 281 or a 282. When we had mechanics in sac at Bestway (the first thing Reddaway did was fire them don't believe in maintenance i guess) and the Reddaway junk started rolling in, they found break drums that had been metal on metal for YEARS worn almost completely through. And those freight destroying inner walls on the reddaways crap, how about those stupid dummy glad handles and who thought to put the glad handles and light socket where you cant reach them on the front of the trailers, anyone ever think to grease the landing gears, old bestways greasy old reddaways rusty. look at the con gears and tell me which ones are better. As for bestway draggin reddaway down, Bestway was always a strong company until we picked up the Home Depot account, Home Depot put bestway out of business and if reddaway keeps the account they will put reddaway out of business as well. The thing i wonder about is who in this company is setting up his family for generations with under the table home depot kickbacks.
I agreee!!!! if a glad hand cover falls off in transit, and i dont have spare I just drag those old raggedy red trls up to the dock come on:biglaugh::biglaugh:so now they need tires too LOL LOL