FedEx Freight | More furloughs/relocations announced.

Brilliant <insert sarcasm>

Not beyond the realm of possibility Insurance and Retiree healthcare worth the price of admission. Wonder how long till I'd qualify for those benefits?

Or maybe we make it better here? What do you think about THAT?
Going union in my opinion, is not the answer. I was a union member for 12 years and lost a pension, took a 10% pay cut, and lost benefits. If conditions continue to deteriorate at FedEx, I will move on. Simple as that.

Going union in my opinion, is not the answer. I was a union member for 12 years and lost a pension, took a 10% pay cut, and lost benefits. If conditions continue to deteriorate at FedEx, I will move on. Simple as that.
Oh I get that. Teamsters would NOT my Union of choice. Not any more. BUT there is no denying, they do a heck of a job for UPS drivers. That might be because they have enough drivers that actually hold the teamsters accountable. Also might be because of the huge revenue stream and their long history. A combination of all? Can't be absolutely certain.

The agreement does show what can be achieved with solid Union representation. Watch the FedEx pilots contract for another good example.

You are not alone in your sentiment. I understand.

Oh I get that. Teamsters would NOT my Union of choice. Not any more. BUT there is no denying, they do a heck of a job for UPS drivers. That might be because they have enough drivers that actually hold the teamsters accountable. Also might be because of the huge revenue stream and their long history. A combination of all? Can't be absolutely certain.

The agreement does show what can be achieved with solid Union representation. Watch the FedEx pilots contract for another good example.

Improve our health insurance. That would be a major raise for FedEx Freight employees. That’s my grievance with the company.

So much for the FedEx dream/nightmare of a UPS strike. That and Yellow with a short term reprieve, what will FedEx do next? Guessing not good news for many at bottom. I do hope they can hang on until conditions improve

UPS, union avoid strike that could have cost billions with ‘historic’ new deal​

Union calls off strike against Yellow after benefits concession​

So much for the FedEx dream/nightmare of a UPS strike. That and Yellow with a short term reprieve, what will FedEx do next? Guessing not good news for many at bottom. I do hope they can hang on until conditions improve

Vulture culture!

They didn't do too bad for me, I've been drawing that check since 1990.

I know Dayton freight in Nashville had a meeting saying they landing five yellow accounts and would be long days till properly staffed..