More lay offs

truckchick1

TB Veteran
Credits
Heard 5 more drivers were layed off in Portland last week. The drivers that are still working are only getting 8 hours a day and most of those hours are spent sitting under a tree somewhere or in someones back parking lot snoozing.

Heard 5 more drivers were layed off in Portland last week. The drivers that are still working are only getting 8 hours a day and most of those hours are spent sitting under a tree somewhere or in someones back parking lot snoozing.

Well look at the bright side, it should not be long before you all can quit this nonsense and get those Walmart greeter jobs.

Well look at the bright side, it should not be long before you all can quit this nonsense and get those Walmart greeter jobs.

I may end being a greeter at Walmart, but you might end up at 7-11. The difference is that I will be able to hold my head high knowing that I stood up for what I believe.

Heard from management today that Louie had 2 full trailers to deliver. The first one he spotted and the 2nd only had 4 stops. He drove a total of 138 miles to make 4 deliveries. Hmmmmmmmmmm. Think management was telling stories again?

Good then the company :butt kiss: such as yourself will be flipping burgers if you are lucky. We know you aren't qualified for a job where you actually have to prove your worth.
No walmart for me, I already have another job, and have made it a real fun hobby to keep up the RIGHTFUL fight against joak harbor.

They're Already Gone

I heard that a few of our cut drivers went over to Oak to work. One of them was rebel rousing the Teamsters. I also heard that 2 of them were handed their walking papers. They had reached their 90 days.

On a side note, I've never read about treating your fellow man like this in the Bible. I guess maybe I got one of those outdated Bibles. Hey, VP's remember the story about the Sheep and the Goats. :Flame-On:

I hope things are going good for you all, and that you find work to support yourselves as you stand for your beliefs and rights.

how come there still hiring ?

maybe they dont want to pay benefits so probably they want a high turn over you know until they go through everyone some of the guys thought they were getting permanent jobs and laughed at the strikers but now their out of work too :biglaugh::clap: anyone who puts that much trust in ohfl needs help

I heard that a few of our cut drivers went over to Oak to work. One of them was rebel rousing the Teamsters. I also heard that 2 of them were handed their walking papers. They had reached their 90 days./QUOTE]

This would be my guess why they are still hiring.

That is exactly why, alot of these drivers in Aub are not getting their full 8! We see it everyday as they come in and go home.....EARLY.

I heard that a few of our cut drivers went over to Oak to work. One of them was rebel rousing the Teamsters. I also heard that 2 of them were handed their walking papers. They had reached their 90 days./QUOTE]

This would be my guess why they are still hiring.

The drivers that went to joak harbor, were they still in the union at the time?