Yellow | More lay-OFFs???

sled dog

TB Lurker
Credits
Has any one heard of any more lay-off 's out here at 859??. They have three laid off already. And a driver out of OLK, said more are going to get laid-off.

most terminals lay off during this time of year. At 211 I think we have 10 line haul drivers laid-off. I believe there is some city laid-off off as well.

120 has laid off 32 drivers in the past 2 days, dockmen where told anyone with 11 1/2 years will also be on lay off. This was confirm by steward .

272 has 2 men on "layoff" they will be used as 10 percenters.........starting 12-4-06
Hey Roadie.....the last two years at 671 the layoff has been different. They started doing what is called a "hard" layoff. In the past if you were laid off, you were put on call and usually worked 2 punches on Sunday and finished up your week by Thursday, if not sooner. I went from full time with a 21:00 start time with Mon and Tues off........to laid off comming in most nights at 23:00 with Fri, Sat off!! All that has changed to not being worked but one day per month in December and January, and only then to keep you "locked in" to be called back sometime in Feb or March. It's called a "business decision", so in their eyes it's not personal...........the men have a different opinion, though. DS.

Layoffs.

At 342, we had 10 P&D jobs cut in mid October. Priror to that, we had no one laid off. So they lay off 10 and use them like 10%er's, and now we have some laid off running out of hours. So yesterday they cut 2 more P&D jobs and 2 yard jobs. They still haven't cut any dock jobs. The have been supplementing so much on the dock, it's possable they may have to post some dock jobs. Go figure:shrug:

I have been at Roadway for 18 yrs :duh: they have always used the laid off as a 10% board. I'm not saying that it's right but at least a man had a chance to work. The hard lay off Bull SH--:BS: was started after Yellow baught us, it's a gift from Yellow Freight and Dollar Bill!:nutkick:

Lay offs

Has any one heard of any more lay-off 's out here at 859??. They have three laid off already. And a driver out of OLK, said more are going to get laid-off.
Here at Boomington, They just posted 25 names on the layoff list. we have a dock and P&D board of about 450 or 500? They tried this last year and it only lasted about a week. We will see how long it lasts this time.:chairshot:

Here at 547 6 linehaul and a baotload of our dock.The 6 of us linehaul have chosen not to work during our layoff in hopes that they will have to call us back sooner.And maybe they won't lay anymore off if us 6 are not taking work

The 6 of us linehaul have chosen not to work during our layoff in hopes that they will have to call us back sooner.And maybe they won't lay anymore off if us 6 are not taking work
Hey trouble.........I think that is a very noble stand. The main thing is everyone stick together, um......like we are supposed to anyway. I made it a point not to work any OT when men are in layoff. In 6 years of men off and on layoff, I have stayed true to my word to the layoff men. I could use the money, but I still have a roof over my head and my family is clothed and eating every day. I'm still forced O/T 2 hours alot, but so is everyone else. Hang in there buddy. DS.

671 started calling their dock laidoff guys yesterday. Called all 18 and I think 5 or so showed up. They called a second time, but don't know how many came in. They are set up for Saturday, anyway. They set them up for 12/9 when they laid them off. They will be set up for the second week on January, if RDWY does it like they did Jan '06. TM was overheard saying that 671 was behind and couldn't get through the bills, but AGO was looking for a 35% drop in freight in the next couple of weeks and he couldn't bring them back. 35% Damn.........DS.