Reddaway | more layoffs

roadhound

TB Lurker
Credits
Three more line drivers in 523 layed off for a total 18. Still have drivers who don't have freight at their terminals(san,sfv) coming through every night. Guess I have to transfer to another terminal so I can go to 523 and not be on layoff status.

If FON would organize, that would be stopped. FON drivers would have priority over SAN and SFV.

Stocks closed at 1.80 today.
:hide:

Same going on at Sac. Laying off line drivers by the day yet Redding drivers are coming picking up freight, and they have less seniority. Gee wonder whats going on there. Oh I know. The bright drivers in Sac decerted and voted out the union. Now they have nothing.

Three more line drivers in 523 layed off for a total 18. Still have drivers who don't have freight at their terminals(san,sfv) coming through every night. Guess I have to transfer to another terminal so I can go to 523 and not be on layoff status.

where is 523?

Total for Sac line drivers 7 in the last 2 weeks. Yet Redding and reno drivers with less seniority are coming to Sac. Something is wrong with that picture.

Now the word is YRC is selling the Fontana yard to lease it back. And most likely more layoffs at Fontana. It makes you wonder just what these idiots are planing for the long run........

That's exactly what they are going to do! They will get the Yellow/Roadway merger finalized, then promote Yellow/Roadway as the "new" Yellow/Roadway.

The "new" Yellow/Roadway will take the place of Reddaway and Holland. They will claim Reddaway and Holland are sucking YRC dry, and they will come out with a press release saying something like, "Based on the down turn in the economy, consumer confidence and the unstable oil market, we have to consolidate and focus our energies." Of course, this will also mean another "one time" charge.

Then Reddaway and Holland will be another headstone in the YRC graveyard. Not to mention the loss of more jobs.

But it won't be mentioned anywhere that Dollar Bill is the problem here. It will Reddaway is the problem. It will be Holland is the problem. And blah, blah, blah, blah!! It is funny...Reddaway and Holland were just fine before ole Dollar Bill stepped in. Thanks again Bill...I loved changing jobs after 15 years in the Teamsters! Good luck brothers and sisters! You guys are going to need it as long as Bill is running the show.

You are exactly right. I know Reddaway was very profitable and growing company before YRC stepped in. Excellent OR and tons of freight. No one had to worry about jobs and layoffs. The of course here come YRC. The rest is history......

You are exactly right. I know Reddaway was very profitable and growing company before YRC stepped in. Excellent OR and tons of freight. No one had to worry about jobs and layoffs. The of course here come YRC. The rest is history......

No one had to worry about jobs and layoffs?? I've had that nipping at my heels for the entire of nine goin' on ten years. Been laid off more years than not. Our terminal has shrunk from when I hired on, from a high of over 32 to now 23 and likely to shrink again. Maybe things have been sunshine and puppy dogs your way, but not mine.

No one had to worry about jobs and layoffs?? I've had that nipping at my heels for the entire of nine goin' on ten years. Been laid off more years than not. Our terminal has shrunk from when I hired on, from a high of over 32 to now 23 and likely to shrink again. Maybe things have been sunshine and puppy dogs your way, but not mine.

Well I guess I will rephrase the statement. In Ca no one was worried for at least the last 4 years. Not until YRC started their sh*t this year. Don't know about you all in Oregon.

Oh I think they have a plan. Run USF into the ground and write it off.

To late.

"YRCW’s stock has dropped by 80 percent
over the past year and as a result of its
Discussions With YRC Companies
Continue for Second Day
declining value (accounting rules have
forced them to declare the Roadway and
USF acquisitions as largely worthless)
the banks have mandated virtually all of
its assets now to be pledged on its current
debt. This essentially means they have
no further opportunity to borrow money
and could face the ultimate liquidity crisis
next year."

http://www.teamster.org/uploadedFiles/Industries/Freight/pdfs/FREIGHT_Update_112508.pdf