FedEx Freight | More layoffs !!!!!!!

Got a cigarette ?
I have to sit back and watch this thread turn into a fight.

Line haul is expecting another round of layoffs, system wide
in the beginning or middle of july
TRUST ME:ranting2:

Why? We can't get the freight here in time as it is? Oh. That's right. We don't know how to run line anymore. It's a big mystery.

Morons.

Why would another round of layoffs surprise anyone here? fedex is still looking for ways to cut overhead and downsize. I am just surprised they would be waiting till July. The freight buisness just has not picked up like in the past. We will just wait and see but I would expect to hear something by the middle of June.

Why would another round of layoffs surprise anyone here? fedex is still looking for ways to cut overhead and downsize. I am just surprised they would be waiting till July. The freight buisness just has not picked up like in the past. We will just wait and see but I would expect to hear something by the middle of June.

LTT :clap:

not picked up like in the past.................:biglaugh:
Apparently you have not got the memo that
we are in unchartered waters, and the economy
may have a hard time recovering fully, if ever again.
We may look more like a third world country in a few years.
Maybe reading this every day may help more than two aspirins.
http://www.truckingboards.com/truck...rucking-companies-also-had-big-bounce-29.html

:shift:

Bullseye

LTT :clap:

not picked up like in the past.................:biglaugh:
Apparently you have not got the memo that
we are in unchartered waters, and the economy
may have a hard time recovering fully, if ever again.
We may look more like a third world country in a few years.
Maybe reading this every day may help more than two aspirins.
http://www.truckingboards.com/truck...rucking-companies-also-had-big-bounce-29.html

:shift:
You are on the money here. This is all new territory, and very few of us seem to realize this. I am expecting a major restructuring of the linehaul operation soon. With the credit card default crisis that is on the horizon, and the commercial real estate market collapse that is starting to ripple through our economy this will not end any time soon. The small carriers that are hauling the freight for nothing are spending themselves out of business. Fedex freight is not going to do this.

Another round of layoffs are needed.

Here at Day there are 16-7 extra board driver at home every day. I would say it's time to shake off the dead weight.

Here at Day there are 16-7 extra board driver at home every day. I would say it's time to shake off the dead weight.

That's very good of you to describe your fellow co-workers who most likely have family's that depend on them as "dead weight".
Have some respect, because you need to remember something, there is life still left to be lived. One day disrespect will come back around and:nutkick:

Jayhawk, I agree with ya on this one. I personally expect to see more cuts soon and I will probably be one of them. At this point there is no use to worry about it anymore....just be consigned to the fact that we did our best and that there was nothing we could do to avoid it. Life will go on as usual and we will find decent employment again.......maybe as a driver for a purchase company that our present employer loves so much. (sarcasm intended)

Restructuring....Maybe

You are on the money here. This is all new territory, and very few of us seem to realize this. I am expecting a major restructuring of the linehaul operation soon. With the credit card default crisis that is on the horizon, and the commercial real estate market collapse that is starting to ripple through our economy this will not end any time soon. The small carriers that are hauling the freight for nothing are spending themselves out of business. Fedex freight is not going to do this.

I have to agree with fatneck here, this recession were in, is far from over,and no I'm not a mind reader or finacial analyist,as far as restructuring maybe,Id say probable because of the speed limit change's coming,as far as more layoff's YOU guy's can probably figure that out.
Are we as busy as say 2 year's ago..No Are we holding our own,head above water.. Yes.

How much Tonnage has dropped at each of your barn's?

Jayhawk, I agree with ya on this one. I personally expect to see more cuts soon and I will probably be one of them. At this point there is no use to worry about it anymore....just be consigned to the fact that we did our best and that there was nothing we could do to avoid it. Life will go on as usual and we will find decent employment again.......maybe as a driver for a purchase company that our present employer loves so much. (sarcasm intended)

Hooty,
I know how you feel. I went through it already. I was lucky to have enough seniority to get to transfer to another center. I wish you the very best, and pray it doesn't have to happen to anyone else. Don't you just love it how some people can just summarily dismiss others like they do? Oh well. Good luck Hoot. Maybe we can all keep on :shift:

I realize that's it's pretty much Top Secret info and doubt that anybody here has access but I'd be very interested to see bill counts.