Most money possible

Cajuntex

TB Lurker
Credits
I want to get with a company that will pay me the most. A industry that is steadily busy. Yes, I am 42 but feel I have 8 years in me for physical work. My goal is to payoff my house as quick as I can. Also my son has two years of high school left and I would like to help with college. Once that is done than I can rethink my situation. It would be great if I can get an idea of what net money people are bringing home a week or a month. 1300 a week net would be great for me. At least 1000 a week net would do. Also do these food service companies have retirement benefits. Thanks

At GFS we have 401K with company profit sharing. We do not make top dollar in the industry however nobody is starving either. I make I figured probably 63K this year I'll have more numbers on that later when my fiscal year there is up and I can tell you what I made.

If you are looking for most money possible and that is all you are after then and I've been kicking this idea around my self, but Meadowbrook Meat also known as MBM Customized Food Distribution of Rockymount, NC is the company to be at. They are your top grosser as far as money making. If all you care about is money then that's the company to work for. They are a customized distributor so that means they only do chain accounts. There accounts are the entire Darden Restaurant Group Portfolio which is Red Lobster, Long Horn Steak House and Taco Bell. They also do Golden Corral and Denny's as well as Arby's here in Ohio and Del Taco and Hardee's and Carl's JR.

Now the down side with MBM is A. because there chain you may be out for a day or 2 and spend the night in a hotel or sleeper cab, although MBM has a lot of day cab trucks although they do have some sleepers, but more day cabs then sleepers, but you probably will have an over night run. Each MBM warehouse is a little different some use ramps and others use ramps and pallet jacks and lift gates. Some use rollers here in Ohio the Columbus warehouse seems to use lift gates and ramps and even rollers like I saw them at Red Lobster rolling cases down a roller ramp into a store.

Now for Olive Garden they take the pallets right off the truck using the lift gate and those pallets can be pretty big and pretty heavy and 13 feet tall ha-ha. The Olive Garden in Elyria, Ohio the back door is big enough where you literally drive the pallet right into the kitchen and the staff and you break down each pallet there in the back of the kitchen no wheeling anything in from the outside. There trucks are usually packed to the gills. Now another thing about them is there equipment is leased from Ryder and there is no continuity to there trailer fleet, at GFS where I work all of our 28' trailers are all exactly the same some may very in age, but they are all exactly the same, but then Gordon's does not lease equipment everything is bought brand new to company specifications. MBM a lot of the equipment is leased and nothing is the same and that goes for trailers, tractors and pallet jacks and fork lifts. It's all 3 of these 1 of those 2 of those this one's yellow that one's blue and what ever you do don't use a green one.

However if you feel you are up for the challenge you will make the money. Probably low 70s to start and then up into the 80s from there. It's not quite OTR, but like I said you will have to go away a night or two and most customized food service operations run like that.

We have had alot of guys go to mbm they come back soon the team routes you barely get out of one truck/route and get on another.That company now owned by McLane will run the legs of you. They make about what we do 70k-80k year.

We have had alot of guys go to mbm they come back soon the team routes you barely get out of one truck/route and get on another.That company now owned by McLane will run the legs of you. They make about what we do 70k-80k year.

Word is some of MBM's warehouses are also not really run very well. Equipment is all 48' trailers, but some of the trailers are 3rd hand leasers basically it's Unfi turned in these heavy old 2001 trailers with 3million miles on them, and well were willing to lease them out cheap. MBM might go "Yeah cheap send them over." Then you have old trailers that weigh 42,000lbs empty and have malfunctioning refer units and then of course they have a mix of equipment so the trailers all have different refers and lift gates which causes trouble.

Yep you are right the biggest complaints I heard was just no home time they push the guys way to hard and alot get there 10 hours off in the sleeper while the other driver works. That is in N.C. anyways.