move the ramp

2wheeldriver

TB Lurker
Credits
hey guys was wondering if any of the other Sysco houses can move the ramp on the trucks or is it fixed. ours is fixed and it sucks if the loader turns the last pallet side ways.

In KC ours are loose. We got a few that were fixed a year or so ago but after a couple of months of everyone b***ching for the reason you described (and inability to move it to the side door) the shop finally cut the lift assist arms off.

We have some fixed and some lift assist that are broke, so they are twice as heavy, one of the first things I do is unload that last pallet, usually chemicals and such and throw the pallet, then I have some more room, I wish our ramps were loose so we could move them around. The more we cry about something, the harder they try to keep it the same, so I don't even bother anymore.

We can move the ramps wherever we want. We got the skinny ramps. The ramp stays inside the trailer. So if I use the side door I just climb in the trailer and move it to the side door

gt I to use the porch and a tie down strap to make sure it does not move. that is why I carry a hammer and one pair of pilers in the mornings the ramp assist comes off only takes 10 min.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some of our old ones are loose, all our new trailers are fixed, but the new trailers have holes on either side, so if they weren't fixed it could be used off side, but if you take the whole thing out, the lift assist thingy won't clear the DOT bumper, so even if you're big and strong, you're still stuck with it in the center.

Hey GT, I got to bobtail the Cascadia today, holy cow that thing moves, I can really feel the power of the dark side.

Hey tedward take the small struts loose it will clear the dot bumper I promise do it every day. It is heavy as hell but does work.