Holland | Must read for all YRC employee's!

Well, here is the article for those not wanting to try to find it:
http://www.shnv.net/YRCW_What_Lies_Ahead.pdf
They seem to be anti-union in their position as shown here (among others):
We are reiterating our Sell rating on the shares of YRCW
We believe this is a very interesting and complicated story. We also believe it could even be an interesting investment,
if not for the unionized workforce."

Having said that, it is a VERY interesting read.

It does not come as any surprise that Wall St. does not like unions.

We the Teamster employees of YRC have the power to disprove Wall Street's perception of unions. Hoffa Sr. once stated "an honest day's work for an honest day's pay". Some do, others don't, if everybody did pull together we could outperform the non-union companies and make them stand up and take notice. I know my suggestions will be less than popular, but it comes down to a matter of survival. Compare your wage and benefit package to what other companies offer and you will find it second to none, and not easily duplicated or replaced in today's economy.

Just for the record I have been an active Teamster for 30+ yrs. and have served in various union functions. Teamsters are heads and tails above the nons in professionalism and knowledge of the industry. We just need to put our power to the ground and pull together as one. :hide:

Hoffa Sr. once stated "an honest day's work for an honest day's pay".
Words I live by on a daily basis as a Teamster. There are nights when I am fighting to get out of bed to go to work. I run those words through my head one time and I am up and on the move!! Never once since I have been a Teamster did I think I screwed the company out of something when I got my paycheck! I work long hours away from my family, I work the dock in dark terminals, I sleep in sub-section 8 accomadations at times, but I recieve an honest days pays for my honest days work. I have no reason to feel that I owe them any more than that. If I have had enough I would simply put in a notice and walk away. We as Teamsters have nothing to do with the way corporations run the business we work for. We try to give advice along the way and get shunned because our job is to "drive" the truck not "load" it! City boys try to give their two cents on how it should be loaded and they get get shunned because it is their job to "load" it not drive it! Well my brothers/sisters, Its going to be a bumpy ride but I take pride in being a Teamster, and I take pride in my pretty orange/white Holland cruiser, so I will not go away so easily. I am here to retire and I have only 26 yrs to go to get my 30 in. I have faith in Holland moreso than the Teamsters. Yes I might be new to the Union and the company but I waited a long time to get on with this company and I expect...NO scratch that...I insist that we wake up every day, give an honest days work for an honest days pay, and expect more out of our leaders at the IBT and the YRC level. This is a good company we work for and I will do my part to keep it running, no matter how gloom and doom it gets. P.S. No I am not management, I'm just a proud SHOEMAN!!!! Shoe out!

Words I live by on a daily basis as a Teamster. There are nights when I am fighting to get out of bed to go to work. I run those words through my head one time and I am up and on the move!! Never once since I have been a Teamster did I think I screwed the company out of something when I got my paycheck! I work long hours away from my family, I work the dock in dark terminals, I sleep in sub-section 8 accomadations at times, but I recieve an honest days pays for my honest days work. I have no reason to feel that I owe them any more than that. If I have had enough I would simply put in a notice and walk away. We as Teamsters have nothing to do with the way corporations run the business we work for. We try to give advice along the way and get shunned because our job is to "drive" the truck not "load" it! City boys try to give their two cents on how it should be loaded and they get get shunned because it is their job to "load" it not drive it! Well my brothers/sisters, Its going to be a bumpy ride but I take pride in being a Teamster, and I take pride in my pretty orange/white Holland cruiser, so I will not go away so easily. I am here to retire and I have only 26 yrs to go to get my 30 in. I have faith in Holland moreso than the Teamsters. Yes I might be new to the Union and the company but I waited a long time to get on with this company and I expect...NO scratch that...I insist that we wake up every day, give an honest days work for an honest days pay, and expect more out of our leaders at the IBT and the YRC level. This is a good company we work for and I will do my part to keep it running, no matter how gloom and doom it gets. P.S. No I am not management, I'm just a proud SHOEMAN!!!! Shoe out!

Good luck in getting 26 more years out of this. However I do think that your attitude and positive outlook are wonderful.

Yes, and thats sad. Sad because they think that by paying us a decent wage, the company is losing out on potential profits and costing them dividends. This whole system is messed up. The energy markets are based on solely on speculation these days, not supply and demand, speculation. Companys get punished (by Wall St.) if they dont make the absurd expectations analyists say they should. Well, you only made 2 billion dollars profit, not the 3 billion we forcast, so we will drive your stock down. This puts more pressure to cut costs, and we all know who ends up being the loser - the every day working man. There has got to be a better way.

Sad_sad_sad

We believe this is a very interesting and complicated story. We also believe it could even be an interesting investment,

Hey, T02, this is the part I like the best:hide:, it's in the last paragraph titled "Where we could be wrong", specially the part that reads " Our 12-month fair value estimate remains $9.-, or 10x our revised 2010 EPS (Earnings Per Share) estimate of $0.90.... SAD SAD SAD. :boohoo:

GBA :USA:

Hey screwy Louieeeeeeee. You should read what you post BEFORE you send it. That way you can get to the point and make some real sense. Man oh man and I thought I was dumb, at times. Good luck Brother!!!

accounting gimmicks for the wall street crowd

Yes, and thats sad. Sad because they think that by paying us a decent wage, the company is losing out on potential profits and costing them dividends. This whole system is messed up. The energy markets are based on solely on speculation these days, not supply and demand, speculation. Companys get punished (by Wall St.) if they dont make the absurd expectations analyists say they should. Well, you only made 2 billion dollars profit, not the 3 billion we forcast, so we will drive your stock down. This puts more pressure to cut costs, and we all know who ends up being the loser - the every day working man. There has got to be a better way.
The difference between actual profit made and the projected profit is seen as a loss.
Try that on your IRS form 1040 next spring! :nutkick:

The difference between actual profit made and the projected profit is seen as a loss.
Try that on your IRS form 1040 next spring! :nutkick:

Now thats an ideal. :1036316054:

I hope I don't get caught, if I do I'll give them my tax advisor's name, x475. :hide:

We the Teamster employees of YRC have the power to disprove Wall Street's perception of unions. Hoffa Sr. once stated "an honest day's work for an honest day's pay". Some do, others don't, if everybody did pull together we could outperform the non-union companies and make them stand up and take notice. I know my suggestions will be less than popular, but it comes down to a matter of survival. Compare your wage and benefit package to what other companies offer and you will find it second to none, and not easily duplicated or replaced in today's economy.

Just for the record I have been an active Teamster for 30+ yrs. and have served in various union functions. Teamsters are heads and tails above the nons in professionalism and knowledge of the industry. We just need to put our power to the ground and pull together as one. :hide:

99% of all Holland Drivers go above a beyond everyday. Everything was great until YRC. The Union Labor is the same, the Ownership has changed. Who is to blame? Every Corporation plays with the numbers so the "help" will not ask for more. They can afford to take a loss for years (on paper) to get the contract they want. Then they will make all of the money. Will you get you due then? I doubt it.

and the check is in the mail

Now thats an ideal. :1036316054:

I hope I don't get caught, if I do I'll give them my tax advisor's name, x475. :hide:
Go for it Benny Hill ! If those IRS agents call you in for an audit, I'll be there for you...really..I mean it...I'll back you up :rolleyes1: :BS:

What does Wall St. know..Look at the big bail out!!!!!!!!

Who do the Wall Streeters think they are. Look at the mess there is now, the bail outs, and the EXCESSIVE and OUTRAGEOUS executive compensation packages going to the corporate bigshoots who sunk the economic ship. They are all parasites, taking a slice of $$$ out of the workers that bring home the bacon. What do they do to earn it? Sit back and issue commentaries and advisories on how other people work.

Just read the article. Very good read!
Both sides seem to be gridlocked.
I'm very curious to find how how they hammer this merger out successfully when the stats prove it can be costly.
All other LTL outfits (Both Union and Non-Union) are salivating right now.

Who do the Wall Streeters think they are. Look at the mess there is now, the bail outs, and the EXCESSIVE and OUTRAGEOUS executive compensation packages going to the corporate bigshoots who sunk the economic ship. They are all parasites, taking a slice of $$$ out of the workers that bring home the bacon. What do they do to earn it? Sit back and issue commentaries and advisories on how other people work.

A lesson in capitalism

While I agree that the working man shouldn't be the one who bites the bullet sadly this is the case. Shares (stock) are traded based on two factors. First is eps which stands for earnings per share. Second is forward looking pe or price to earnings. Example company xyz trades at 10 per share and has earnings of one dollar per share. PE is therefore 10. So when a company misses their earnings expectations it means that the underlying shares are overvalued and therefore most investors then sell. A company such as YRCW is losing money. Therefore its share price is completly depending on what the company will make when it does show a profit. I hope this helps.

A lesson in capitalism

While I agree that the working man shouldn't be the one who bites the bullet sadly this is the case. Shares (stock) are traded based on two factors. First is eps which stands for earnings per share. Second is forward looking pe or price to earnings. Example company xyz trades at 10 per share and has earnings of one dollar per share. PE is therefore 10. So when a company misses their earnings expectations it means that the underlying shares are overvalued and therefore most investors then sell. A company such as YRCW is losing money. Therefore its share price is completly depending on what the company will make when it does show a profit. I hope this helps.[/QUOT
You are probably fundamentally right, but there is more to how a stock is valued with respect to the intangible factors. I mean the emotional and illogical movements of price based on factors that go beyond the profitability of a company. Like the markets response to an event and the rest of the non related events to a business. If the market is down, all stocks sometimes suffer....... Does this mean everyone screwed off in work that day? Thats what I am talking about............