XPO | My belated comments to the most recent employee survey

Because that is their choice, your just a bottom feeder who wants everyone else to do the dirty work & you want to reap the rewards of union gains….
So what gains have I reaped????? Funny how I keep getting reminded that I'm an at will employee, yet the ones that voted in the union are the ones scared to voice there opinion to managements face.....

Last edited:
So what gains have I reaped????? Funny how I keep getting reminded that I'm an at will employee, yet the ones that voted in the union are the ones scared to voice there opinion to managements face.....
We had no surveys at our location since unionization. If someone is telling you that they are full of crap. Believe me we would gladly fill them out . Lol

You were the one who was asking over & over to see a copy. Why? Because you don’t want to be one upped….
We had no surveys at our location since unionization. If someone is telling you that they are full of crap. Believe me we would gladly fill them out . Lol
I think he wrote the company flyer to bash the union….

Fly I have a question I would like an honest answer to......Do you think you wouldn't have lost more if not for the union push? I mean look at Brad's push to lower the OR....where do you think he would look to lower it even more if not for the unionization effort? Oh and BTW not to sound like a tough guy but when I did my survey (for ABF) I wrote my name on it, but you know as well as I do that during a union drive it isn't that easy with retaliation... I read on here that your company fired guys and had to give them back pay so that threat is real.

Fly I have a question I would like an honest answer to......Do you think you wouldn't have lost more if not for the union push? I mean look at Brad's push to lower the OR....where do you think he would look to lower it even more if not for the unionization effort? Oh and BTW not to sound like a tough guy but when I did my survey (for ABF) I wrote my name on it, but you know as well as I do that during a union drive it isn't that easy with retaliation... I read on here that your company fired guys and had to give them back pay so that threat is real.
Fact

ones that voted in the union are the ones scared to voice there opinion to managements face
You are so wrong ( an I’m not saying this to be argumentative) about that and will just leave it at that. If you only had a clue .

Last edited:
You were the one who was asking over & over to see a copy. Why? Because you don’t want to be one upped….
I guess seeking the truth and the facts now is bad.....With each side different thing, then who do you believe.....Oh that's right the company always lies and the union tells 100% of the truth.....

Fly I have a question I would like an honest answer to......Do you think you wouldn't have lost more if not for the union push? I mean look at Brad's push to lower the OR....where do you think he would look to lower it even more if not for the unionization effort?
I can't say a yes or no to that, because no one knows. Of course the union guys will say they would have took more. Just look how they are taking credit for the bereavement days. One of the biggest improvements since I came here was the 401K/ROTH plan. There has been some down grades like the carry over of your PTO and payout if you leave, in some cases. As for the pension and health plan they were already cut before I even got here.
I have to say that Con-way was on it way out. The company was dying yet some don't believe that but it was. Conway was sooo management heavy that every VP had 2 or 3 of his own VPs. I remember the one raise they gave the drivers drove or OR rating up 2 point from a 94 to a 96. We hauled tons of freight at no profit or even costing us to haul it.
Now I do not agree with everything that has happened here since XPO took over, but you have to ask yourself how long will a company stay in business that is not making a profit....Just ask NEMF, and the many others that closed they doors.

I do have to ask you this.....What would you have said to me if I said to you say back in 2011, ten years ago, that AFB would be hiring drivers with a signing bonus???? I sure it would have been along the lines of BS....Well there is a sign on I 81 in Harrisburg PA that say that to the sum of $10K. Paid out on day one. Go look for yourself.
My point is no one know what would have happened or what will happen. For all know we can go into work tomorrow and the gates are lock.

Last edited:
. I remember the one raise they gave the drivers drove or OR rating up 2 point from a 94 to a 96. We hauled tons of freight at no profit or even costing us to haul it.
Now I do not agree with everything that has happened here since XPO took over, but you have to ask yourself how long will a company stay in business that is not making a profit....Just ask NEMF, and the many others that closed they doors.
I don’t think o/r and improving compensation/ benefits is mutually exclusive in this case. 81 % o/r , excessive CEO compensation. I think their plenty of room for improvement without interfering with probability.

I can't say a yes or no to that, because no one knows. Of course the union guys will say they would have took more. Just look how they are taking credit for the bereavement days. One of the biggest improvements since I came here was the 401K/ROTH plan. There has been some down grades like the carry over of your PTO and payout if you leave, in some cases. As for the pension and health plan they were already cut before I even got here.
I have to say that Con-way was on it way out. The company was dying yet some don't believe that but it was. Conway was sooo management heavy that every VP had 2 or 3 of his own VPs. I remember the one raise they gave the drivers drove or OR rating up 2 point from a 94 to a 96. We hauled tons of freight at no profit or even costing us to haul it.

I do have to ask you this.....What would you have said to me if I said to you say back in 2011, ten years ago, that AFB would be hiring drivers with a signing bonus???? I sure it would have been along the lines of BS....Well there is a sign on I 81 in Harrisburg PA that say that to the sum of $10K. Paid out on day one. Go look for yourself.
My point is no one know what would have happened or what will happen. For all know we can go into work tomorrow and the gates are
Thank you for giving me an answer to my question. You are right I wouldn't have believed ABF or any LTL paying out that kind of bonus. I can't believe that truckload companies are doing as much as they are either. You are also right we don't know for a fact that you wouldn't have lost anything. But....I didn't ask you for any facts, i asked for your opinion. An opinion with you going over all the facts and your own gut feelings to form an opinion. So I will ask it this way, In your opinion would XPO have taken more if it wasn't for the union drive? I know that you don't like giving positive answers when it comes to unionization, but I also believe you know deep down that you have likely reaped some benefits from it......

Thank you for giving me an answer to my question. You are right I wouldn't have believed ABF or any LTL paying out that kind of bonus. I can't believe that truckload companies are doing as much as they are either. You are also right we don't know for a fact that you wouldn't have lost anything. But....I didn't ask you for any facts, i asked for your opinion. An opinion with you going over all the facts and your own gut feelings to form an opinion. So I will ask it this way, In your opinion would XPO have taken more if it wasn't for the union drive? I know that you don't like giving positive answers when it comes to unionization, but I also believe you know deep down that you have likely reaped some benefits from it......
I don't know if FBN was here at the time , but we absolutely had our pay and benefits reduced while the company was struggling through the great recession.

I would imagine , if YRC had done better during that period , that there would have been competitive pressure to maintain our pay , our 401k ( right now I think we have one of the lower contributions in the LTL sector ) and health care.

For example , we were told if we kept an OR below a certain point for two consecutive quarters we would have our match reinstated. I believe it was 3% in addition to what our match was based on our years of service. It was meant to help ease us into the 401k plan as the pension was closed down.

At some point , Con-Way just said eff it. And didn't even pretend to honor what they had told us.

This is one example. It's interesting to see very few people were upset by this move which costs long term employees hundreds of thousands of dollars over the course of a career.

In my opinion I would have to say NO. Some of the union stuff started back in the Con-way day. Also most of the big take was when Con-way ran the show.
With the lack of CDL drivers out there and many here looking elsewhere I just don't see it these companies taking benefits away. In many cases they are adding them. It's a driver market and will be for a long time.

I don’t think o/r and improving compensation/ benefits is mutually exclusive in this case. 81 % o/r , excessive CEO compensation. I think their plenty of room for improvement without interfering with probability.
Really have you run the numbers. If you take the CEO of ABF and XPO and look at what percentage of there pay vs the revenue for 2020. Links below
ABF...
Judy R McReynolds
ABF...Total Revenue for 2020.......$2.9 Billion
CEO total Comp for 2020...........$4,146,955
The CEO comp was .14299% of the revenue that was made in 2020
XPO
Brad Jacobs
XPO total Revenue for 2020......$16.25 billion
CEO total Comp for 2020...........$21,812,660
The CEO Comp was .13423% of the revenue that was made in 2020

XPO made about 7.5 times more in revenue but XPO CEO only was paid about 5.3 time higher the the ABF CEO. When you look at it that way who took a bigger slice of pay vs the revenue that was brought in???????

Last edited:
Really have you run the numbers. If you take the CEO of ABF and XPO and look at what percentage of there pay vs the revenue for 2020. Links below
ABF...
Judy R McReynolds
XPO
Brad Jacobs

XPO made about 7.5 times more in revenue but XPO CEO only was paid about 5.3 time higher the the ABF CEO. When you look at it that way who took a bigger slice of pay vs the revenue that was brought in???????

But how much did your boy really make ? After all the shady stuff and side deals ? Selling the terminals. Stock manipulation. Etc

In my opinion I would have to say NO. Some of the union stuff started back in the Con-way day. Also most of the big take was when Con-way ran the show.
With the lack of CDL drivers out there and many here looking elsewhere I just don't see it these companies taking benefits away. In many cases they are adding them. It's a driver market and will be for a long time.
Thanks for your opinion, and while you did make a good point, I go back to what I think. What I believe is they didnt dare take because they dont want to deal with pissed drivers going to the union. Like you said I dont believe there is any way to prove it...
ABF...
Judy R McReynolds
XPO
Brad Jacobs

As far as salary as a percentage of revenue they both are obscene. I just can't wrap my head around a regular guy defending it either. When unionization was prevalent a CEO made something like 30 times the average employee....now it is 400 times...not a coincidence...

They’re adding sign on bonuses and higher starting rates for certain companies. Improved benefits for existing employees that search the web and ask customers if they’re busy and hiring? No there is no REAL eye popping improvement at all in my book. And with the known driver shortage that started well before the China flu and the fact it is still a lot of work and a job people aren’t interested in, I’d see now as the perfect time for company and industry wide for benefits to dramatically improve health and welfare

Thanks for your opinion, and while you did make a good point, I go back to what I think. What I believe is they didnt dare take because they dont want to deal with pissed drivers going to the union. Like you said I dont believe there is any way to prove it... As far as salary as a percentage of revenue they both are obscene. I just can't wrap my head around a regular guy defending it either. When unionization was prevalent a CEO made something like 30 times the average employee....now it is 400 times...not a coincidence...
Here is the thing. Everyday you and everyone else, union or non, clocks in you agree to the terms of your employment. If you don't like it or disagree with those term then stop clocking in. It's that simple. You can vote in the union and even get a contract but that wont change the fact the the CEO will make alot more money they you.
We all choose what we want to do and in this country you can do the same a BJ, but choose not to. How many out there told Jeff B that he was crazy for sell books online?
What I was proving in my last post to you was just because you company is union doesn't change what percentage the CEO makes vs revenue. I am also sure when it's time for contract negotiations that revenue number is used. Also that revenue number is used at ABF to figure out if any bonus is paid out