New Penn | My Hat's Off To New Penn!

blueyedmule

TB Lurker
Credits
I've been on a dock bid in Eugene, Oregon at USF Reddaway the last three years and I have to say, your guys' freight comes in looking better than lots of the Cali freight. Whatever your freight magic is, keep it up!

On a side-note, I keep my eye on your job openings. My wife is from Montreal and we'd like to get her a little closer to home. When this economy finally cracks (in a good way), I'd be proud to work with you all.

believe it or not thatis a new loader loading your freight. he used to only strip trailers now he loads all west coast freight. also he is from poland.

My mistake. I had been misinformed, I was told that at one time there were non Union but then again that's when my pops was driving for NP.

I've been on a dock bid in Eugene, Oregon at USF Reddaway the last three years and I have to say, your guys' freight comes in looking better than lots of the Cali freight. Whatever your freight magic is, keep it up!

On a side-note, I keep my eye on your job openings. My wife is from Montreal and we'd like to get her a little closer to home. When this economy finally cracks (in a good way), I'd be proud to work with you all.

i've got to say, your guy's frt. also comes in looking squeaky clean. for the most part at least. i get tons of your frt. to deliver everyday and i'm amazed how the frt. looks after coming from the west coast. let's just hope Yellow doesn't mess that up too :1036316054:

i've got to say, your guy's frt. also comes in looking squeaky clean. for the most part at least. i get tons of your frt. to deliver everyday and i'm amazed how the frt. looks after coming from the west coast. let's just hope Yellow doesn't mess that up too :1036316054:

Thanks! I can honestly tell you that down on the ground, the drivers and dock workers are proud of the legacy of Reddaway and are doing everything from the labor side to keep things going well.

New Penn has a terminal in Montreal Quebec Canada for your info.

My wife would love to have us up over the border, as long as we could bring western Oregon's weather with us. :) My French is non-existent, though. I have a hard time picturing myself peddlin' freight to customers who can't (or sometimes won't) speak English, and quite honestly I think the burden's on me to learn French if I were to live/work there. Then there's the 15% sales tax, on top of every other tax paid. It's truly crushing, their taxation system.

How's Vermont? I wish I had got in on the ground floor when that terminal opened. I saw all the job postings, but I had only been in my house here a year at that point and would have lost money trying to move.

If you want to be closer to Montreal then your best bet would either be Buffalo or Albany. . .

I'm concerned about NY taxes and I hear of constantly shrinking economy in the upstate NY area especially. The house prices I've seen in many of these markets are fabulous compared to what I've paid here, though.

Buffalo is a great city,with a bad rep. Very affordable,friendly,blue collar family city.

However with my knowledge of New Penn Buffalo,it would be the last terminal in the city that I would recommend. Poorly run terminal,bad management.

look and see what the yellow done to holland...
ya aint supposed to try to fix somethin if it aint broken

Buffalo is a great city,with a bad rep. Very affordable,friendly,blue collar family city.

However with my knowledge of New Penn Buffalo,it would be the last terminal in the city that I would recommend. Poorly run terminal,bad management.

I know a couple of guys who work out of Buffalo NY terminal and they love it there