Central Transport | My problem With Seniority

bigwuz

TB Lurker
Credits
I was born in 1985 and I'm the youngest driver at central I had the best run at our terminal until the buyout and I had the most seniority. Now the person with most seniority on linehaul started driving back in 2001 I turned 15 that year I just think this is all funny

I was born in 1985 and I'm the youngest driver at central I had the best run at our terminal until the buyout and I had the most seniority. Now the person with most seniority on linehaul started driving back in 2001 I turned 15 that year I just think this is all funny
And your point is? Do you still have the best run? Did that loss of seniority impact you in a negative way? And what do you find funny about it?

And your point is? Do you still have the best run? Did that loss of seniority impact you in a negative way? And what do you find funny about it?

My point is I can't survive anymore I lost my run to someone who's been employed with vitran since 2001. An I lost about 400 a week income while my uinsurance went up unlike some my driving record is still good so I'll be gone In a month that's what's funny btw vitran seemed like a great company to work for

My point is I can't survive anymore I lost my run to someone who's been employed with vitran since 2001. An I lost about 400 a week income while my uinsurance went up unlike some my driving record is still good so I'll be gone In a month that's what's funny btw vitran seemed like a great company to work for

how much seniority do you have?

I'm now fifth in seniority out of 13 one vitran guy quit two got transferred to new buffalo I'm also top guy out of all central guys been seven months smh

If you were the top guy at 7 months in, then that should give you a huge red flag about CT right there.

The red flag's were always there....But for so many that are living from paycheck to paycheck they are just truly trapped. For those that stay I hope things get better as the years roll on down the line. A man has to feed his family and some are happy with CT....I'm OK with that.....I just wanted more....It's simply a personal choice. Try not to hate a man that is simply trying to feed his family but just lacks the motivation to seek a better way of life.

The red flag's were always there....But for so many that are living from paycheck to paycheck they are just truly trapped. For those that stay I hope things get better as the years roll on down the line. A man has to feed his family and some are happy with CT....I'm OK with that.....I just wanted more....It's simply a personal choice. Try not to hate a man that is simply trying to feed his family but just lacks the motivation to seek a better way of life.
Yes spotted ct on craigslist got comfortable there but I need consistency in a job I like a lot of you vitran folks you are all decent I just can't get a handle on management calling people off taking away runs when runs should have been added I just don't understand but it's not up to me to understand I guess

haha... I had 8.5 years at Vitran and was 8th on city board....after merger, I was 9th on city board.....that didn't stop them from taking my run and giving it to a CT dude that only had 2 years on the job. CT treated us Vitran guys like dirt.

There are guys here with seniority dates 5 years before you were born. Need a tissue?

There are guys here with seniority dates 5 years before you were born. Need a tissue?
Yes I do if you would provide one lol it's not my fault I'm younger anyway you would think central would have kept vitran freight some how they bought there dock workers an they are cheap makes me wonder

Yes I do if you would provide one lol it's not my fault I'm younger anyway you would think central would have kept vitran freight some how they bought there dock workers an they are cheap makes me wonder

Seniority is very simple. If you wanted that run/start time etc, you should have applied sooner than the one who has it. If you were too young, too bad. Pay your dues and wait your turn.

No need to wonder either. Non union shop= fire at will.

Seniority is very simple. If you wanted that run/start time etc, you should have applied sooner than the one who has it. If you were too young, too bad. Pay your dues and wait your turn.
True but in 2001 I wanted to be a doctor/ rapper and as for paying my dues a lot of folks haven't paid their dues but got bumped a head lol also I agree with fire at will almost got this other job so no need to worry about seniority or lack there of