FedEx Freight | my thoughts on my management at my barn

"Even if a trailer is dropped because of defects......" The driver will recieve a preventable accident. sorry franklin bad idea

FXFR8Man You must be in management...posting on what happened to me...you do not know me how would you know..

"Even if a trailer is dropped because of defects......" The driver will recieve a preventable accident. sorry franklin bad idea

I don't think he meant physically "dropping" from the fifth wheel. More like refuse to haul it. I think it's the proper response to equipment that is not road worthy.

We can do that!!! They usually slap a band-aid on it and try to get us out the gate. And hopefully let someone else deal with the problem.

ya...holy crap....it s ok if we pile up a set because of saftey issues, just as long as we made gate before we piled it up..

No Sir, we have not gotten any soap in our bathroom yet. The only thing that he is focused on is his numbers, everything else to him is B.S. and he doesnt care cause it has no effect on him. One day I called to get a OS&D exception number, he answered the phone. I gave him the pro number, gave him the information about the skd. Then he said to me, "oh I dont know how to do an exception number, here talk to another supervisor", then he put me on hold. I was like really??? For real????? It's either one of two things,

1. he really doesnt know how to do it.
2. he really does know how to do it, but doesnt want his name on it.

He is a SCM, my common sense tells me that he SHOULD KNOW HOW to do an exception number. He is the boss. The best part is he doesnt know how to dispatch road drivers. Umm excuse me, but if he cant do his job he should get a coaching session and get re-educated on the those two things. He knows how to do his job, he is just good at B.S. He isnt stupid. He is actually pretty smart. I just dont get why he has to play stupid all of time. It makes no sense.

You have got to be kidding !

How does a SCM like this even exist ?

It's time for GO to take notice of this thread.

I meant dropping them in the yard. Refusing to pull them out of the gate. Not actually "dropping" them.

With the equipment, no, they don't care anymore. They won't let the shop stock parts, and it's the driver who will get the points at an inspection, so why worry about it?

The company will also get points for anything the driver gets points for. However, the company may get points on some violations, mostly equipment related, that the driver is not held responsible for.

oaf

Smoke he is not kiddng its been like that for around 8 yrs.....And no I am not out of that barn just know a few guys real well out of it!!!

same way at our barn except our scm wont even speak to you which is just fine by me!!!his days are numbered and he is truly one that desrves whats coming to him!

You have got to be kidding !

How does a SCM like this even exist ?

It's time for GO to take notice of this thread.

Well Smokestack, like I said he is a good at B.S. people and his boss. Yup it has been like that for at least 8+ years but nobody has the nerve to say anything to his boss when his boss comes to our barn. The best part is we didnt do so well on our snapshot either. Ever since then everytime us drivers or part time dockworkers do something wrong even if it is once, we get pulled to the carpet and questioned about the manner. Then if we do it again we get a write up. Then I ask "arent we suppose to get a coaching session first before a write up"???? Then he pulls his little sheet out and says "dont you remember I already talked to you about this? That was your coaching session". Umm arent they suppose to tell you that you are getting a coaching session before they tell you what you did wrong the first time?? Or is he just playing by his rules???

Ask him to show you the documentation from that session , it must be documented.

I could be wrong Packerfan but I believe that even a verbal has to be signed by you and your scm that he talked to you about the subject,so like Smoke said I would make him come up with that signed document!good luck

Soap, Toilet Paper r u kidding me I have to make my gate so use ur shirt to wipe the sweat from face and gloves to clean your butt because i have to make my gate and meet my waitress gf down the road

calling HR aint going to do you a bit of good.the only thing it
will do is get a check by your name after a few checks then
they say you are a complainer. HR is trained now to tell you
what you want to hear so they can get you off the 800 #
so they can answer the next call..

fedex has some of the un safest equipment and
you are right they will be recieving alot of points for there eq-
uipment. lights-flat tires-air leaks-.

I could be wrong Packerfan but I believe that even a verbal has to be signed by you and your scm that he talked to you about the subject,so like Smoke said I would make him come up with that signed document!good luck

I was told by a supervisor they can put documentation in your file of a coaching session without informing you that it was a coaching session. I had paper put in my file for going the wrong way in a one way yard without ever being told i was being coached. The super at check in one night simply said to me ... be sure to follow the arrows in the yard o.k. Come to find out later that was considered a coaching session. Any time a super comes up to you and says ... blah, blah, blah... assume you have been coached. It not only happened to me but also another fellow on the same shuttle.

fedex has some of the un safest equipment and you are right they will be recieving alot of points for there equipment. lights-flat tires-air leaks-.

Well, professor, the data for all carriers went public yesterday. Why don't you give us a report of where FXF ranks?

Nevermind, I did it for you. Just glancing at our main competitors (ABF, Con-way, YRC, and so on) here's how the scores break down in the Vehicle Maintenance category:

1. FXF - 32%
2. Con-way - 35%
3. FXNL - 36%
4. ABF - 38%
5. YRC - 62%
6. UPSF - 62%

The high score does NOT win this game, boys.

oaf