Yellow | MY Two Cents

parrot

TB Lurker
Credits
well heres my thoughts and I,m sure it probally wont be accepted well
I have spent 24 and a half years employed by Yellow. They have housed an fed my wife myself and two kids YES is I said they because they (Yellow) have written me a check every week for all those years. Yellow has paid my pension and my health benifits for me also. Note Yellow has paid not the IBT and yes I know its because were UNION.

But here, my point Yellow or Roadway or Holland or YRC they are your EMPLOYER not the Teamsters without the EMPLOYER the TEAMSTERS have no one to negotiate with.
Also I had quite a few friends who worked for Preston and I hated to see them close as much as anyone else BUT all you guys whining about how Yellow screwed you over ITS CALLED BUSINESS. Keep in mind Preston and CF people these companies have taken care of you and your families for quite awhile now.

So when they call for the vote I'm saying YES I,ll do my part as long as I can; I still want to be able to retire if the union does'nt **** away all the money within the next year.

And before you start I am a Teamster through and through 3rd generation but I also believe in respecting your employer and pulling your weight

40000 Teamsters losing $600 p/m is $24 million p/m or $288 million p/yr. This means the $150 mil they accidentallyover leveraged themselves on, will be covered in less than 6 months if ALL the company took a temp paycut. If we take a permanent one all it does is pay all the debt the ran up buying foreign companies and will give great bonuses and wonderful stock dividends. Is that the kind of decision you'd make for your family? If you said Yes, I'll give you my address and everyone can send me the check instead. I'll distribute it equally to our laid off brothers. They can use it more

Here goes

I know this should be a thread by itself but here goes!!!!VWAGGS as a moderator on this board you are not playing by the rules you must be a yellow driver as yellow managment breeds haters. As a mod. you are not supposed to spread dome and gloom and ridacule people as i have seen you do. And one more thing get a better line than stock connsesions. Be a good mod. and see the big picture try to make it work instead of putting all the teamsters under the bus with all your negitivity. If not go to work for duie plye and start out at a low wage and a shot at maybe working 40 hours a week and being at the bottom.

BEFORE YOU DELETE THIS READ IT AS A PROACTIVE MESSAGE AND NOT A ATTACK ON YOU AS IS NOT ALLOWED. JUST TRYING TO GET YOU TO SEE THE LIGHT THAT YOU ARE A MOD. HERE AND YOU ARE VERY ANGRY AS IS EVERYONE .

I know this should be a thread by itself but here goes!!!!VWAGGS as a moderator on this board you are not playing by the rules you must be a yellow driver as yellow managment breeds haters. As a mod. you are not supposed to spread dome and gloom and ridacule people as i have seen you do. And one more thing get a better line than stock connsesions. Be a good mod. and see the big picture try to make it work instead of putting all the teamsters under the bus with all your negitivity. If not go to work for duie plye and start out at a low wage and a shot at maybe working 40 hours a week and being at the bottom.

BEFORE YOU DELETE THIS READ IT AS A PROACTIVE MESSAGE AND NOT A ATTACK ON YOU AS IS NOT ALLOWED. JUST TRYING TO GET YOU TO SEE THE LIGHT THAT YOU ARE A MOD. HERE AND YOU ARE VERY ANGRY AS IS EVERYONE .

He's not even remotely speaking as a Mod. He's speaking as an angry YRCW employee. Being a Mod has nothing to do with his posts. He has not disciplined anyone for disagreeing with him. You are way off base on this one.

Also, I am not management. I'm am a road driver living 900 miles from his family. With all the uncertainty going on, it may now be next fall, before I get my family back. Had I not moved, I would have been laid off months ago. Now I get to sit on my days off wishing I had my wife and kids around waiting for the axe to fall where I'm at.

BTW Ask jimmyg, stroud120 and many others who have told me off. I keep my personal opinions and Mod work seperate.

PS... Welcome to TB HANG ON

I don't know that I have ever really agreed with vwaggs on anything here. But he is not doing anything wrong. He is allowed his own opinion. I think he has a good point about the stock actually. It makes a lot of sense to me.

What makes you say he is not a teamster? He is doing what he has to to provide for his family and their future. Yesterday I was going to vote no. After reading somethings and talking to some of the older men here I am not so sure now. I will wait and see what the Co. asks for. We are all teamsters young and old. That being said I still have to provide for my family. Jim H and IBT will never give me a dime. I don't work for them. They work for me. My dues pay them. My dues come from YRC. I will never blindly fallow anyone. We all need to wait for the meeting and hope we are not sold down the river by the IBT or the CO. Good luck to us all.

well heres my thoughts and I,m sure it probally wont be accepted well
I have spent 24 and a half years employed by Yellow. They have housed an fed my wife myself and two kids YES is I said they because they (Yellow) have written me a check every week for all those years. Yellow has paid my pension and my health benifits for me also. Note Yellow has paid not the IBT and yes I know its because were UNION.

They did nothing more than pay you for your work performed. Once you cashed that check, you owed them nothing and they owed you nothing. They may have provided you with a job, but always remember they profited from your labor as much as you have.

As for the givebacks, you guys should get some sort of stock ownership for your contributions. There is really no difference in this influx of cash than what they'd get if they found an outside investor. Surely that investor would require some sort of stake in the company.

this is to parrot you my friend are not a teamster

OH I am a teamster but You must realize you don't work for the teamster's you work for ( I assume ) YRC some people on here seem to loose track of that; when was the last time the teamster wrote you a check

maybe we take the pay cut and tell the teamsters to start giving us are so called strike fund money back! after all i could use it being laid off 8out of the last 11 months.heck there has to be at least 20 bucks in it by now can never get an answer from the I.B.T on how much is in that so called fund!!!

your two cents

Watch out parrot, BillyZ might monitize your two cents into liquid cash then forfeit that into rolling stock, convert it into bonds, sell off the bonds and use the cash to payoff early debt so he could borrow more against his now SECURED credit line which overall would leave YOU in a better postion to borrow more tomarrow after he loses his wallet today. ( just from BillyZ's outlook ) Personally I would look for a penny gumball machine (I know they dont exist anymore) and buy 2 gumballs, you will get more in the end.

vwaggs is an arrogant fool, just joking, I highly respect his opinions.

Ummmm, Thx I think!!!

Just a thought. I wonder who has been buying the errant "missing" millions of stock shares. They will make a killing if we giveback.

no one asked my opinion, but that never stopped me before.

Also, I am not management. I'm am a road driver living 900 miles from his family. With all the uncertainty going on, it may now be next fall, before I get my family back. Had I not moved, I would have been laid off months ago. Now I get to sit on my days off wishing I had my wife and kids around waiting for the axe to fall where I'm at.

BTW Ask jimmyg, stroud120 and many others who have told me off. I keep my personal opinions and Mod work seperate.

PS... Welcome to TB HANG ON
VWAGGS has always been a straight shooter and a pro union man.
I haven't seen any conflict of interest between his opinion and his moderator duties.