mmmm
i wounder :duh:

dockboy said:
just want to know how everybody feels about the new name
conway freight c f
consolidated freightways c f
mmmm
i wounder :duh:

To be completely honest, I very suprised they chose that name. They have to be aware of what those initials represent and would be niave to think the initials would not be used. They are either very confident in themselves or just don't care about the past and what those initials mean.

I can see Conway Express or Conway Transportation but Conway Freight is a real head scratcher for me

CFer said:
To be completely honest, I very suprised they chose that name. They have to be aware of what those initials represent and would be niave to think the initials would not be used. They are either very confident in themselves or just don't care about the past and what those initials mean.

I can see Conway Express or Conway Transportation but Conway Freight is a real head scratcher for me
you're diggin way too deep. the colors and logos are no where near the old (and defunct CF). i don't know why everyone thinks that con-way is trying to copy a, like it or not, failed company. this is nothing against any former CF drivers, just a fact. CF is not here anymore cuz they weren't making money. dont tell me they were, cuz if they were, they'd still be here.

the names is Con-Way Freight that would make the initials C.W.F not C.F con-way is two words not one.there is a dash in the middle.

badlionsfan said:
you're diggin way too deep. the colors and logos are no where near the old (and defunct CF). i don't know why everyone thinks that con-way is trying to copy a, like it or not, failed company. this is nothing against any former CF drivers, just a fact. CF is not here anymore cuz they weren't making money. dont tell me they were, cuz if they were, they'd still be here.

I'm not digging too deep badlionsfan. I never mentioned colors or logo and never even said Conway wanted to be CF.
I was just suprised at the name knowing that they will eventually be referred to as CF because it's short for Conway Freight.

As for copying CF. I hate to tell you but thats what they did. They took 4 seperate operating companies and eventually turned them into one nationwide carrier and thats what CF was(the old CF)

CFer said:
I'm not digging too deep badlionsfan. I never mentioned colors or logo and never even said Conway wanted to be CF.
I was just suprised at the name knowing that they will eventually be referred to as CF because it's short for Conway Freight.

As for copying CF. I hate to tell you but thats what they did. They took 4 seperate operating companies and eventually turned them into one nationwide carrier and thats what CF was(the old CF)
History will repeat itself once again. When people fail to learn from history, then they will get a wake up call, and it will be to late. I have asked people to get the book " Never Stand Still " ( THE HISTORY OF THE OLD CF ), and if nothing else, read it on the pooper. As you read you will find that this company is in parallel with the old cf, as a matter if FACT, WE are side by side of where cf was in the late 60`s to the mid 70`s. The company does not care what or who you are, are what you do for them for one second. And the only way that they will take notice is the sad fact of it all. I have seen some of my freinds from cf make it and some not. I would hate to see the same thing happen to the freinds that I have make here, but as I say, history will repeat itself. Please don`t get me wrong, I`m not preaching gloom and doom, just the facts. Another sad fact is that alot of people live day to day and paycheck to paycheck, and do not see what is taking place, and that my freinds makes my heart heavy. As said before in my posts, go back and connect the dots. I know that there are alot of you out there will say that this guy does not know what he is talking about, and he is standing on a soap box just to get attention. No way am I doing that, because that would defeat what my freinds and myself are doing to try to turn this ship around before history really does repeat itself. I was just up at the yes progam and I really wanted to say what I had to say, with a list of 63 questions that were not only about where this company was going, but where we as group of people were going to be when the last chapter was to be written. Under very good advice from some special people that I deal with, and going over all the questions that I wanted to ask, it was best that I keep quiet, and not ruin what we have started. As has been said before, it is hard for it to be them and us, why could it not be we? We as a group could make this company be one of the best ever, but that is not to be, and that is a very sad fact of life. With the group of people that work for this company, you will notice that there are ones that will bend over to help one another, and the ones that don`t care if you live or die, they are only concerned with what is in it for them and the heck with everyone else. Human nature at its best. If only for one day, people would put there priorities in order you would notice a big change in this poor world. But again that is not to be. Having a provincial mind ( one with restricted interest or outlook--(so you don`t have to look it up ) will hurt you more than it will help you. I`m done and stepping down from the soap box. Just think about history. And may this be the last time I post until the end of june or the first of july, but I just could not read and not say something about this subject. :smilies-19296: :hypnodisk: :hypnodisk: :hypnodisk:

One last thing, when I was up at the yes meeting, the big man said that he takes the kings gold, and does the kings bidding. I really think that this time when you inspect the kings gold very close you will find out that it may shine, but in all reality it is fools gold. History.

Lawofone, I would love to read Never Stand Still but I just can't bring myself to give CNF/Conway the money for the book after they killed CF off like they did.
It really does sound like an interesting book

CFer said:

true indeed, but con-way is way more efficent than the old CF.

What are we supposed to be fearing?
Everything I hear is how Conway as a company wants to take itself into the future and beyond.
They are realigning their components for efficiency and streamlining as one master brand to compete well into the future.

Did the old CF run itself into the ground with inept management styles and inability to govern itself strategically enough that Conway realized they should break away and start fresh with their own ideas and values as a non union company and let the dying deer die on it's own?

This does strike fear into everyone that is employeed by Conway below the upper echelon of management to fear that History will repeat itself.

There are too many questions and speculations and scenarios that can be applied to just about any company and their reasons for their doings.

Will the new generation of upper management reap the fools gold and run us into the ground?

Are we just speculating on old facts or is this something to be of concern?

I'm still miffed at what we are supposed to be connecting the dots for in "They Rule"
I've heard of certain people being on the same boards of different companies.

Who knows how to streamline us drivers into thinking the same and not just on fear and speculation? Maybe we than can take a stand and try to hit Goliath with a wake up call while staying NON-Union

Without the front line troops the Generals don't have a chance. Hope we are not being force fed rah rah cow crap.

Dockworker said:
What are we supposed to be fearing?
Everything I hear is how Conway as a company wants to take itself into the future and beyond.
They are realigning their components for efficiency and streamlining as one master brand to compete well into the future.

Did the old CF run itself into the ground with inept management styles and inability to govern itself strategically enough that Conway realized they should break away and start fresh with their own ideas and values as a non union company and let the dying deer die on it's own?

This does strike fear into everyone that is employeed by Conway below the upper echelon of management to fear that History will repeat itself.

There are too many questions and speculations and scenarios that can be applied to just about any company and their reasons for their doings.

Will the new generation of upper management reap the fools gold and run us into the ground?

Are we just speculating on old facts or is this something to be of concern?

I'm still miffed at what we are supposed to be connecting the dots for in "They Rule"
I've heard of certain people being on the same boards of different companies.

Who knows how to streamline us drivers into thinking the same and not just on fear and speculation? Maybe we than can take a stand and try to hit Goliath with a wake up call while staying NON-Union

Without the front line troops the Generals don't have a chance. Hope we are not being force fed rah rah cow crap.

Very well said...

Lawofone, I would love to read Never Stand Still but I just can't bring myself to give CNF/Conway the money for the book after they killed CF off like they did.
It really does sound like an interesting book

:hide:CFer, Pm me and I will mail you a copy of the book, just send it back after reading it. Media Mail is real cheap. :smilie_132: