Estes | nashville

According to Jr. yes, you must be rehire and live w/in 70 miles of Memphis to get run, otherwise you run extraboard. From what I was told, he said they need drivers and asked them to call any drivers that were fired and tell them about Memphis. I do not believe that all runs have been filled.

Memphis "Super Hub" status begins on Monday the 14th. Personally, I don't think can handle it, but we'll see.

Nashville will be permanently downsized to a normal hub for the immediate future. No breakfreight. All firings at Nashville have been halted for now. Some additional runs may be added and some might be cut depending on freight levels at the Super Hubs.

Was told that Jr said about 6 hubs have been closed permanently including Knoxville, a couple in Virgina, one in W. Virginia and a few others I cannot remember.

Was also told that in the meeting Jr mentioned that they do not expect YRC to survive and their de-listing from the DOW on Friday signals their demise in the not too distant future. Perhaps a month to three months. After that ESTES will be re-hiring again at a fast pace to fill the gap. Was also told that he said it was not the drivers fault as they have good experienced drivers. It was bad management and expansion. Also heard that YRC Chicago voted down whatever they were voting on. (something about the pension?) Therefore, if they follow through with their threat Chicago will be closed and bankruptcy looms.

FedEx's 90% discount for 90 days has hurt ESTES badly according to Jr and hopefully customers will return after it's over.

All runs will be rebid in Feb or March system wide. Was told that he said re-bidding was voted down, but they may have another vote. If they don't then there will no re-bids after the next re-bid.

That's all I can remember being told by the 037 driver.

Dang Bibba! You found out alot of info. The rest of us need to do better. Keep up the good work.

please tell me if im wrong?

ok as i understand it, if you transfer into memphis you will go to extra board. if you rehire you will get a run.

but if they rebid in march. i guess the transfers can then bump the rehires since you will have more company time.

or if any run is posted later, transfer will be able to get it over rehires based on time in linehaul.

cause if you transfer you should get all time back in 90 days.

did anyone ask this question at meeting?

Unless it's changed. Rehires and transfers are not eligable for any bumping for 90 days. Then it goes by linehaul seniority. If the rehire has been gone longer then 90 days he goes to the back of the line like a 3rd grader. They can bid on any run but will be overlooked unless they have runs leftover. I have seen folks that quit and came back more then 180 days later and kept everything. You can find out alot of info by calling HR. They are very helpful if you have any questions. They told me the terminal manager has alot to do with everything regardless of the company policy because nuth'n is carved in stone here.

The whole deal about re-bidding has not yet been decided(according to jr)He said there's file cabinet full of driver survey sheets that have not been counted yet.

It probably has alot to do all the customers switching to fedex. They probably are waiting see how many customers we will have or get back. Hopefully fedex won't offer any extentions or we all will be looking for a job.

The whole deal about re-bidding has not yet been decided(according to jr)He said there's file cabinet full of driver survey sheets that have not been counted yet.

I haven't seen any memo or word from above,that it did, or did not pass..Just driver talk..

mildew said:
It probably has alot to do all the customers switching to fedex. They probably are waiting see how many customers we will have or get back. Hopefully fedex won't offer any extentions or we all will be looking for a job.
Take this for what it's worth, but I heard from a FedEx driver last night that the reason they could afford to do the 90/90 thing is that they had all customers sign a contract for one year after the initial 90 days were up. Therefore, any of our customers that fled to FedEx are locked in for one year. If this is true, things will not turn up as expected.

I hear ya bibba. Maybe we should put the customers first instead of worrying trying to squeeze that last box on an allready full trailer that was due yesterday.

Unless it's changed. Rehires and transfers are not eligable for any bumping for 90 days. Then it goes by linehaul seniority. If the rehire has been gone longer then 90 days he goes to the back of the line like a 3rd grader. They can bid on any run but will be overlooked unless they have runs leftover. I have seen folks that quit and came back more then 180 days later and kept everything. You can find out alot of info by calling HR. They are very helpful if you have any questions. They told me the terminal manager has alot to do with everything regardless of the company policy because nuth'n is carved in stone here.

You hit the nail on the head by saying it's up mostly up to the t/m. Most all questions I asked h/r was answered with the that same statement

Speaking of Nashville, our new TM in 074 is coming from the 037 terminal.

He's scheduled to be here next week to take over.

If you are getting 037's TM everything should be just peachy. He seems to have is stuff together from what i've seen.

We're getting the 037 daytime dock super Mike L.
He hired in as a night dockworker at the old 37 barn back in '99, that's when I first met him.
I was running a hub run out there then and we used to break frieght together.
He's a smart guy, hard working and pretty young (40). He's come up the ladder well. Looking forward to working for him.

According to Jr. yes, you must be rehire and live w/in 70 miles of Memphis to get run, otherwise you run extraboard. From what I was told, he said they need drivers and asked them to call any drivers that were fired and tell them about Memphis. I do not believe that all runs have been filled.

Memphis "Super Hub" status begins on Monday the 14th. Personally, I don't think can handle it, but we'll see.

Nashville will be permanently downsized to a normal hub for the immediate future. No breakfreight. All firings at Nashville have been halted for now. Some additional runs may be added and some might be cut depending on freight levels at the Super Hubs.

Was told that Jr said about 6 hubs have been closed permanently including Knoxville, a couple in Virgina, one in W. Virginia and a few others I cannot remember.

Was also told that in the meeting Jr mentioned that they do not expect YRC to survive and their de-listing from the DOW on Friday signals their demise in the not too distant future. Perhaps a month to three months. After that ESTES will be re-hiring again at a fast pace to fill the gap. Was also told that he said it was not the drivers fault as they have good experienced drivers. It was bad management and expansion. Also heard that YRC Chicago voted down whatever they were voting on. (something about the pension?) Therefore, if they follow through with their threat Chicago will be closed and bankruptcy looms.

FedEx's 90% discount for 90 days has hurt ESTES badly according to Jr and hopefully customers will return after it's over.

All runs will be rebid in Feb or March system wide. Was told that he said re-bidding was voted down, but they may have another vote. If they don't then there will no re-bids after the next re-bid.

That's all I can remember being told by the 037 driver.

AS of 12/14/09 YRCW was still being traded on the NASDAQ. The deal with Chicago is a formal issue concerning the Teamsters. I don't believe any of this is a prelude to bankruptcy. Both the employee's and the management (as much as I don't agree with them) are trying to do what they can to keep YRCW in business. Sorry not trying to start a debate, just expressing thoughts. Merry Christmas and the best of a New Year to all.

AS of 12/14/09 YRCW was still being traded on the NASDAQ. The deal with Chicago is a formal issue concerning the Teamsters. I don't believe any of this is a prelude to bankruptcy. Both the employee's and the management (as much as I don't agree with them) are trying to do what they can to keep YRCW in business. Sorry not trying to start a debate, just expressing thoughts. Merry Christmas and the best of a New Year to all.

I'm glad they are trying and I hope everything works out for them. They were putting up a decent fight. It's Fedex's fault. :ranting2:

Everyone knows about the YRCW deal..No one needs to know what other freight think about what's going to happen with their demise..IF, Jr. made this comment,I think it might have been taken out of context..All the companies in this business are "jockeying" for position,IF this happens..Remember when CF went down..Or when UPS went on strike..It was like "all hell breaking loose"..They just want to be prepared..Some, may have sold their soles to the devil,and praying it does,but I really think there are less,than more..Call me naive..Maybe..Reacting optimisticly..For sure..

I wish I knew if you were right Stark because I'd stick every dime I have left on yrcs stock right now.

mildew said:
I wish I knew if you were right Stark because I'd stick every dime I have left on yrcs stock right now.
Do you mean you would buy? If so you will lose everything I believe as all indicators point to YRCW's demise. Heck, even if they made a profit for the next 20 years they could not possibly pay back all their debts and what they owe to the pension fund. Fiscally impossible. The powers that be do not want unions, just look at GM for an indicator. GM went bankrupt and all common shareholders lost everything. Will GM come back? Yes. But not as the unionized company with the high salaries and benefits as previous. The same may hold for YRCW. The government saw fit to save GM, but they will not save YRCW. Why? Could it be because of Buffets buying up of the railroads? I don't know, but I wouldn't invest a penny in YRCW stock as they are doomed for failure and the powers that be are allowing it to happen.