FedEx Freight | National Busted

buckeye

TB Lurker
Credits
Some national centers let p&d drivers transfer to the road using their original hire date as their road senority, now two freight centers have fixed this B.S.and more to come. If anyone has anymore information please let us know.

Yea I heard that too but was waiting to see if it was going to splash here.

There doing it all over
HR at freight needs to investigate this
I know of several watkins drivers who quit and came back 6 mos later only to get there senority back
also how does a national local driver transfer to line at freight ahead of freight local drivers who want the job ?
seems to be a whole bunch of B/S going on here
with more comming to light every day

It seems like there are centers that are doing it the way they THINK they understand it to be correct but it's not.

Well please let us know whats going on when ya'll know, because we don't know anything over here. Just to let you know.

do any of you recall a couple months back when this was going down that every center and every driver had their own interpretation to what was supposed to be the proper pecking order of things?

I always understood that company senority could and should prevail but I will never understand how one road guy gets let go or dropped to the very bottom just because another road driver from the other company was on the road a few months longer but had less company senority.

Sadly the only folks that think this is fair are corporate and the individual party that benefits

Let's string them up!!

Come on guys and girls, if you see something that doesn't seem right, notify your boss and then follow up in a week.

Let's not turn this into another National vs. Freight war.

Hey folks, this is a NON-UNION company and none of you are operating under any kind of binding contract.
Last I looked, this is not an EMPLOYEE-OWNED company, either.
FedEx can make the rules up as they see fit.
And change them anytime they want.

Hey folks, this is a NON-UNION company and none of you are operating under any kind of binding contract.
Mike is right they have made them up as they see fit. Both our
scm and asst. scm have told us different things and the folks at freight have said different things too. This is going to be a cluster in a couple of weeks.

Wasn't trying to stir things up. I've come to the realization some time ago that they at Freight will do what they want. I don't blame national guys one bit. If I was them I'd be thankful I was sliding up too.

We tried to tell you kool-aid drinkers weeks ago, but some jerk even said we were trying to ruin Christmas. The clowns in Hooterville said they had never been through this before the rules would have to change daily.

No, just counts as of Fall of 2006 but their allowing them to skip ahead of folks who have less road seniority than they do. Example:

Fedex employee has 5 years with the company but has only been on the road for a year. National guy with 2 years service and 13 months road can come into freight and knock that guy outta a job

Folk's Mike is right on with this one.:1036316054: Management can make up the rule's as they go thru out their day to day activities. What work's for 1 SCM :argue: may not work for another. Just toss a coin!!! :regretful:

It seems like there are centers that are doing it the way they THINK they understand it to be correct but it's not.

You got that right! I would listen very carefully at the meetings and felt as though I got this all understood. Then management would say something different. Then I would come here and read what you guys posted about how things are going down across the country. It didn't take long for me to realize what you wrote is exactly the problem. Interpretation, every terminal has their own.

The national drivers coming into Little Rock don't have that much senority do they less than 10yrs? How long has Fedex owned Watkins? The number one driver at Little Rock has been here for over 25yrs and is getting booted out of the number one spot. At least that is the grumbling that I have been hearing.