Yellow | National Master Freight Agreement

Our BA was down here today to explain. Chicago area locals were put under nmfa so they(company/international )could legally take the 5% and pension from 710 and 705. Our white paper contracts are null and void and nmfa rules apply. I love it--- been a long time coming. I'm a city driver--can I now bid the road under nmfa rules???

Yeah, but the new NMFA is not the National Master Freight Agreement anymore. It is now called the Nafta Master Freight Agreement. It is written in Spanish. They had to politically correct themselves. Since all of us is working next to nothing now. We all can benefit and compete with the foreign trucking companies, driving through the US. YRC's slogan will written on the back of the trailers in Spanish (Si se puede), which means in english (Yes We Can).

Where does it say 710 dumped you?
The IBT GEB acted under provisions provided to them under the IBT Constitution....KK

Hoffa didn't want the company to have the expense of a big COO to punish those locals for not excepting the wage reduction. This way the company can operate in those areas cheaper and the IDC still gets their dues money. Win/Win

IDC International Dues Collectors

Where does it say 710 dumped you?
The IBT GEB acted under provisions provided to them under the IBT Constitution....KK

It doesn't. I says the the IBT strong armed them into a situation where they do not want to be. New Penn had to revote, these guys just got there voices erased by the IBT. I have always been a strong union employee but this shows that our votes do not count as long as the big boys keep getting our money,

where does it say 710 dumped you?
The ibt geb acted under provisions provided to them under the ibt constitution....kk

then maybe you can explane to me when pat f wanted to give up his white paper when the 10%was being talked about the international said that it could not be done because of legal issues now it can be done what changed.
Pat f is also on a video saying this if anyone still has the video think it was at a meeting in arizona before the vote for the 10%

then maybe you can explane to me when pat f wanted to give up his white paper when the 10%was being talked about the international said that it could not be done because of legal issues now it can be done what changed.
Pat f is also on a video saying this if anyone still has the video think it was at a meeting in arizona before the vote for the 10%

I would suggest you ask Pat F. at your union meeting why this happen?....KK

I would suggest you ask Pat F. at your union meeting why this happen?....KK
The reasons why it happened are pretty obvious. Zollars already knew how and when this woukd be taken care of.(remember that conference call where he was asked about the no vote?) The reps obviously knew too that is why the rats waited until the day before a Holiday weekend to act upon it. Legal or not it was a WRONG decision. I now understand why people say your vote is predetermined. It may not be tampered with but they will just vote on something else that nullifies your vote altogether. It is very WRONG!

It doesn't. I says the the IBT strong armed them into a situation where they do not want to be. New Penn had to revote, these guys just got there voices erased by the IBT. I have always been a strong union employee but this shows that our votes do not count as long as the big boys keep getting our money,

You are exactly right.For many years now the union has been little more than a business with one objective,and that is to take care of themselves and keep the dues coming in at any cost and this is a perfect example of that.While there are some good BAs and trustees that do try to help the membership,Hoffa and Tyson Johnson and their cronies are doing what they want and completely disregarding the voices and will of the membership.The same as Obama and the government is disregarding the voices and will of the American people. I never thought the union would try to erase the votes of the membership like they are.One has to wonder,with everything going on,who is Hoffa representing,the membership or $Bill Zollars.It`s obvious that Hoffa doesn`t care about the freight members anymore,but to erase their votes and disregard their voices is not what unionism is all about.While there is sill some people out there that have some pride in the union,it`s fading fast.

You are exactly right.For many years now the union has been little more than a business with one objective,and that is to take care of themselves and keep the dues coming in at any cost and this is a perfect example of that.While there are some good BAs and trustees that do try to help the membership,Hoffa and Tyson Johnson and their cronies are doing what they want and completely disregarding the voices and will of the membership.The same as Obama and the government is disregarding the voices and will of the American people. I never thought the union would try to erase the votes of the membership like they are.One has to wonder,with everything going on,who is Hoffa representing,the membership or $Bill Zollars.It`s obvious that Hoffa doesn`t care about the freight members anymore,but to erase their votes and disregard their voices is not what unionism is all about.While there is sill some people out there that have some pride in the union,it`s fading fast.

Great post. :clap: I've been trying to tell people that for so long. That it is so corrupt. The only thing that the members are worried about at Local 710 is how beautiful the new union hall will be next year. :yawn: :Zzzz: Go figure, maybe those members were justifying their free handouts after the meeting. :puke: Might as well give them a turkey with their names on it.:biglaugh: Next time they should give them all live turkeys, so we can practice our survival techniques.:biglaugh:

If all white paper contracts are null and void does that mean my friend at a cartage co will get a 5 dollar an hr raise? Could be interesting at small co,s.:shift:

Our BA was down here today to explain. Chicago area locals were put under nmfa so they(company/international )could legally take the 5% and pension from 710 and 705. Our white paper contracts are null and void and nmfa rules apply. I love it--- been a long time coming. I'm a city driver--can I now bid the road under nmfa rules???

Maybe your BA didn`t read or understand the memorandum that was put out on 11/24.The last paragraph pretty much explains it all.

It's looking good, looks like the end for 'end tailing' how in the world did that get into a teamster contract?
You keep the 5% and what ever else you won in the vote..check out last paragraph..below

I say I love it only because our white paper contract sucked big time because of all the gray area" it's not in the contract bs".....it just seems the nmfa is spelled out a little more clear.

Ya, seniority is spelled out in NMFA also

Last paragraph in memorandum: This is big language coming from the top....not the BA's

"Members covered by white paper contracts will not lose any existing working conditions contained in their contracts that are superior to those in the National Master Freight Agreement and its Supplements. Such superior conditions, if any, may include, but not be limited to separate grievance procedure, local work rules, superior wages, or benefits". according to this you keep the 5% +

[/I]

It's looking good, looks like the end for 'end tailing' how in the world did that get into a teamster contract?
You keep the 5% and what ever else you won in the vote..check out last paragraph..below

Last paragraph in memorandum: This is big language coming from the top....not the BA's

"Members covered by white paper contracts will not lose any existing working conditions contained in their contracts that are superior to those in the National Master Freight Agreement and its Supplements. Such superior conditions, if any, may include, but not be limited to separate grievance procedure, local work rules, superior wages, or benefits". according to this you keep the 5% +

The next question will in all likely will be what is superior???

[/I]

your input is always helpful, but you're wrong on this one, they give back 15 % from their higher full scale. Indy has a higher full scale than st. paul had, and now we give back off that higher rate.

I'd like them to stop taxing me!!!! Why can't they leave us little guys alone!!!!!!!!!!

There not going to stop taxing us, because we are considered the rich. They tax anyone that still has a job. That is all part of redisrebution. IRS has our salary statements for how many years. So they know we can afford it. All of us have to give up some of our freedoms thats all. No big deal according to the Democrats. Wait til they try passing that Health Care Plan. Can anyone afford another 10% deduct in pay? YRC/union won't have to worry about paying insurance anymore. Don't sell the homes where we live either. Obama wants 50% of our equity on homes as tax. Sounds like a New World Order, coming to play. Thats OK though, our union will have the right to look at our votes, and tell us who to vote for now. The union knows what is best for us, better than we know whats best for us. Isn't that interesting?

interp

your input is always helpful, but you're wrong on this one, they give back 15 % from their higher full scale. Indy has a higher full scale than st. paul had, and now we give back off that higher rate.

What was the Chicago vote all about? I thought it was the 5% according to what Mr F. said in a memorandum. If you voted the 5% give back down while still white paper why do you lose it when the latest memorandum states you don't lose any existing gains or wages that are superior to the NMFA? Or is that open to interpretation?

What was the Chicago vote all about? I thought it was the 5% according to what Mr F. said in a memorandum. If you voted the 5% give back down while still white paper why do you lose it when the latest memorandum states you don't lose any existing gains or wages that are superior to the NMFA? Or is that open to interpretation?
Cmon Joe you know the answer. If YRC wants it, they will get it. :nutkick: We may not yet understand how it will happen, but happen it will