nct goes back on it word

Totally pissed me off. After my year was up, no 2 cents.
So I called everybody and their brother. Ended with Gary W. telling me there has been a pay freeze since last March.
I didn't really consider it a "pay raise", seeing as that I was told by recruiting that I would be at 50 cents after a year. I think that would have been some pretty useful information when they hired me.
I wasn't hired on at top rate, and will never get to top rate, so rather than stay here and be agitated by something so stupid, I am looking elsewhere.
Coming from Jevic, I started day one being able to the job.
A 4 hour orientation and we were put in trucks.
I can't get top rate but I can do the same job as good, if not better than most of the guys AT top rate.
As soon as I find something else, I'm gone.
I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone, unless you really NEED a job.::shit::

that's why I stayed away Dawg!!! I'm done with the tanker people, they were a cheap company from the south, I start Conway Cinnaminson Monday,:nutkick: P/d and Linehaul.

Would you not expect anything else from a SCHISTER OUTFIT like this. They cut every corner in the book to stay in business.They continue to hide under the Railroad Act and get away with murder.

that's why I stayed away Dawg!!! I'm done with the tanker people, they were a cheap company from the south, I start Conway Cinnaminson Monday,:nutkick: P/d and Linehaul.

i noticed you worked for highway transport. they haul a lot from the phila. area. ( i think from rohm and haas ). what didn't you like about working for them? can you give me an idea of what the work week is like, pay and benefits. the only reason i ask is they're always running help wanted ads.

Like some of the ltl companys they also gave us a 5% cut back in may, if you have no tanker exsperience you will start at 38.95cpm, when we were hired we started at 41cpm, everything was cut 5% including your detention time down to your holiday pay, holiday pay is 71.00 dollars, the company also watches your money, meaning nobody makes more then the other, you'll make on average 800-1100 weekly and alot less when the laytex stops shipping. There busy season is spring to october, after that it's more like 600-800 a week, the insurance for your family runs 90 dollars a week, and your paid by-weekly,, it all sucks!!! most guys there, including the shop are looking for other job's, It's a very cheap company owned my the Watkins bros, they also own Landspan, Sunco carriers, Training is Two weeks in Knoxville. I was one of the first drivers hired back in December, there were alot of promises made to us and were not kept including to loads a day Between Balt and allentown wich should have been about 280-300 a day, never happened, instead I found my self running between the Northeast to Florida Canada to ohio for the same 38.95, there is no incentive for holiday's, weekend's , or New England Like I said it was the cheapest company I ever worked for.

I'm happy to be out!!!! hope that awnsers your questions?

Good luck See ya,

that's why I stayed away Dawg!!!
I'm with ya man.
It's kinda like when you were a kid, standing there with a fork in your hand looking at the outlet.
You just knew it was a bad idea but you just HAD to see what happens. The only difference is that the ::shit:: that happens here doesn't really shock me.
Like I said, I'll bide my time until I find something else, hopefully soon.
Good luck at Conway.:shift:

i believe they will be out of business within 2yrs.--mngmt cannot seem to come up with any plans on how to make money running a legal operation. big h made his money on drivers running outlaw style,and now he hits them with a pay cut!

remember boys he has sold you out twice now!
i talked to a few nc drivers yesterday who have been there from the startup,and they are totaly disgusted and looking for a way out!

Totally pissed me off. After my year was up, no 2 cents.
So I called everybody and their brother. Ended with Gary W. telling me there has been a pay freeze since last March.
I didn't really consider it a "pay raise", seeing as that I was told by recruiting that I would be at 50 cents after a year. I think that would have been some pretty useful information when they hired me.
I wasn't hired on at top rate, and will never get to top rate, so rather than stay here and be agitated by something so stupid, I am looking elsewhere.
Coming from Jevic, I started day one being able to the job.
A 4 hour orientation and we were put in trucks.
I can't get top rate but I can do the same job as good, if not better than most of the guys AT top rate.
As soon as I find something else, I'm gone.
I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone, unless you really NEED a job.::shit::

if they did not properly notify you in writing at time of hiring--you got em!----save your pay stubs and call bbb and the labor board when you leave---

You are so right about being sold out...and again it is comming again to be sold out again...poor management is putting it mildly. Too many chiefs, with real big salaries...hmmm are they cutting there pay or car allowances?????

Word is that the drivers took a 5% cut and everyone in the office took a 10% cut.
I don't know how high the 10% went but I have friends that dispatch and they aren't very happy about it, so I know it goes that high anyways.:shift: