Yellow | Need Help on Vacation Pay

imported_Skillit

TB Lurker
Credits
I was hoping someone could help with this. I worked linehaul the entire time at Roadway and then switched to a Utility position in July. First week was paid at 1/52 while still linehaul and I just took 2 weeks and I was paid 45 hrs. I always thought vacations were earned in the prior year but my terminal is saying now that I'm hourly this is what I should get paid which is a big difference. If anyone could point me in the right direction so I can prove what they owe me I would greatly appreciate it. Wondering if anyone else had this problem?

Hmmm, interesting question. Kind of like which came first, the chicken or the egg?
I would say they are paying you correctly, although I see your point.
They pay according to the job you hold, rather than when you earned your days.
Days earned and job held are separate. Your being paid for an earned day, but according to the job held rules.

The problem is 1/52 is far more than 45hrs and I earned the 1/52 the prior year. I can't really find anything in black and white in the contract.

you earned your vacation by working at last years rate or class of pay .
i think you should get what you earned last year , next year you would get paided by what you made this year

Thats exactly what I'm thinking but I can't find anything to back it up. I'm looking through the philly supplement and the article for vacation says no change, not much help.

file on it.

it took me 3 years to get my vacation straightened out after a change i was invloved in.

i think in one of the proposals or decisions it said your vacation earnings will stay with you.

I`ve run into that problem over vacation pay before.Had to file a grievance over it.The committee agreed with the company and said the hourly pay was correct.

You will most likely find that when you switched to an hourly job that they pay based on that job but as others have said file and let your BA figure it out. I don't know if these things were figured out during the change meetings.

BA said hourly was correct due to the classification. If I switched to the road tommorrow I would get 1/52 again. Really seems like bullsh?t what oh well live and learn.