Yellow | Need help

falconfan

TB Veteran
Credits
Can anyone find in the archives when James Welch was talking about tardies and absenteeism being treated differently and separately when proposing the MOU?
I distinctly remember reading it but can't find it.
We just lost 7 cases in committee where our members got suspended for tardiness. One was late 5 times in 6 months ,all less than 7 minutes.No I'm not one of them but I am fixing to flip a switch on these sob's.Who sitting on a union committee would go along with this.
The IBT needs to pull there head out of their ass.I will be looking into TDU today and I will be calling those two committee members and finding out why they didn't at least dead lock. KK,you know at least one of them as well as I .He is a BA from another local..Im shocked.

Last edited:
Can anyone find in the archives when James Welch was talking about tardies and lates being treated differently and desperately when proposing the MOU?
I distinctly Delbert reading it but can't find it.
We just lost 7 cases in committee where our members got suspended for tardiness. One was late 5 times in 6 months ,all less than 7 minutes.No I'm not one of them but I am fixing to flip a switch on these sob's.Who sitting on a union committee would go along with this.
The IBT needs to pull there head out of their ass.I will be looking into TDU today and I will be calling those two committee members and finding out why they didn't at least dead lock. KK,you know at least one of them as well as I .He is a BA from another local..Im shocked.

Here's the MOU if it's any help to you.

https://d3n8a8pro7vhmx.cloudfront.n...structuring_Extension_MOU_2014.pdf?1440102213

They are also lumping in not protecting your bid with absenteeism .So if a man clocks in ,gets sick and goes home he is considered absent, not wrote up for not protecting his bid.

O
Thank you Triplex..I already looked at that..I remember Welch specifically talking about this and explaining the tardy and absenteeism policy before the vote.Its on here somewhere but could be quite cumbersome to find.
Sorry about the original post I didn't read it before I sent it.I think I corrected it ..thanks again.
Out here in the west they combined tardiness and absentee as the same !! When they switched to Kronos finger print we will not get written up if your late 5 minutes or less .. your late 6 min it’s a verbal,2nd is a letter 3rd is suspension and so on! I believe you misunderstood that! And going home early sick is a letter for failure to complete your ::shit::!!

O

Out here in the west they combined tardiness and absentee as the same !! When they switched to Kronos finger print we will not get written up if your late 5 minutes or less .. your late 6 min it’s a verbal,2nd is a letter 3rd is suspension and so on! I believe you misunderstood that! And going home early sick is a letter for failure to complete your :::shit:::!!
We need to dig and find what I'm talking about! I'm 100%certain the CEO,James Welch said they are not the same and lates would be handled differently and on an individual basis .

Thank you Triplex..I already looked at that..I remember Welch specifically talking about this and explaining the tardy and absenteeism policy before the vote.Its on here somewhere but could be quite cumbersome to find.
Sorry about the original post I didn't read it before I sent it.I think I corrected it ..thanks again.
O

Out here in the west they combined tardiness and absentee as the same !! When they switched to Kronos finger print we will not get written up if your late 5 minutes or less .. your late 6 min it’s a verbal,2nd is a letter 3rd is suspension and so on! I believe you misunderstood that! And going home early sick is a letter for failure to complete your :::shit:::!!
I see in the 2014 MOU where they put the language together for tardy and absenteeism .Why would one even come to work late instead of going to doctor ..which by the way they are suspending for doctors notes also.Is this happening anywhere else?

Can anyone find in the archives when James Welch was talking about tardies and absenteeism being treated differently and separately when proposing the MOU?
I distinctly remember reading it but can't find it.
In KCM its separate. A progression is started for absences and a different progression is started for tardiness.

In KCM its separate. A progression is started for absences and a different progression is started for tardiness.

Sorry,I wasn't clear,the same here but the discipline is the same for both.The first MOU they were treated differently. You would think if there was a wreck and someone was 15 minutes late they would be glad you came to work instead of suspending you.

Sorry,I wasn't clear,the same here but the discipline is the same for both.The first MOU they were treated differently. You would think if there was a wreck and someone was 15 minutes late they would be glad you came to work instead of suspending you.
In KCM it is the same exact discipline progression for both. As a former steward I have talked the manager out of not moving forward to the next step of progression on employees who have a legit reason for being tardy( highway shutdown showing them the news article). For absenteeism having doctors excuse for self, wife or kids if he didn't have any vac or sick days left.
For those who where constantly missing work or tardy that was a harder argument and fight to not have them move forward on progression. I think we have only had 1 who was discharged since the MOU. Ours is a rolling 9 months and letter drops off.

I remember either Welch or one of the VPs telling us during a meeting before vote that a employee needs to show a pattern or be habitual on tardies and absences before progression starts. I think it was even put in a memo from corporate.
I was late a few months back for first time in probably 10 years and argued that being tardy 1 time in 10 years does not constitute a pattern or being habitual. Told him the VP said the policy was set up for employees that call off on Monday or Fridays 3, 4 times every 2 months to make a long weekend. He threw verbal letter in trash and it never went in my file.

I remember either Welch or one of the VPs telling us during a meeting before vote that a employee needs to show a pattern or be habitual on tardies and absences before progression starts. I think it was even put in a memo from corporate.
I was late a few months back for first time in probably 10 years and argued that being tardy 1 time in 10 years does not constitute a pattern or being habitual. Told him the VP said the policy was set up for employees that call off on Monday or Fridays 3, 4 times every 2 months to make a long weekend. He threw verbal letter in trash and it never went in my file.

I would love to see that in writing ..Its what I'm looking for.

O

This memo claims that tardiness and absenteeism will be treated as separately.
2014 Tyson Johnson memo.

O

392.3, file on them. von.