NEMF Trailor in Wisconsin

imported_flpr3

TB Lurker
Credits
I saw one of your trailors just south of Green Bay earlier this week. It was being pulled by a sleeper truck. Any info why it was up here.

I know they service that area through an interline agreement with Vitran. Could have something to do with it. Maybe they had a headload going into that area and didn't want to swing it.

let me guess, it was a red blue and yellow tractor. that's Eastern Freightways, our truckload carrier. they use our trailers all the time, as we use theirs. prolly looked something like this....
eastern_freightways_a.jpg

let me guess, it was a red blue and yellow tractor. that's Eastern Freightways, our truckload carrier. they use our trailers all the time, as we use theirs. prolly looked something like this....
eastern_freightways_a.jpg

Saw that tractor and a NEMF trailer in Georgia last week, it was hauling butt.

TSG has several divisions. NEMF for LTL, Eastern Freightways for TL, Carrier Ind. for Gap Inc and Apex for 3PL.

Montgomery terminal ships trailer Loads to AAA Cooper in Charlotte NC, AAA Cooper in Ellenwood Ga, Nemf in Miami. These are pulled primarily by Eastern Freightways drivers. Eastern drivers are also tapped to do linehaul runs on the weekends for Nemf. It is better to keep these runs "in house" rather than parceling out the freight to other truckload outfits. Lets not forget Eastern drivers, Nemf drivers, and Carrier drivers paychecks are all issued from Nemf.

I believe that that the linehaul out of Newburgh to Oak Harbor (west coast) is Eastern team runs. Runs at the end of the week and weekend go to a contract carrier.

It is better to keep them in house, our people are more reliable than most contract carriers. A few years back NEMF used Covenant Transport for linehaul trips. More often than not the arrival times were less than reliable to put it kindly. Loads would come in 5 or 6 hours late. Eastern and Carrier do well when NEMF needs the extra help. It's kind of like having a list of spares at a teamster barn.