Never just rains, but pours, doesn't it?

pro1driver

I don't wanna go fishing, even though i got stuff
Credits
i was checking my bank account, there was a "shortfall" in my investment annuity.

so i call the gal that got this started, last year.

well, as i waited for her to get back to me, i went to the basement to check on my laundry.

sniff-sniff......i don't like that smell......

what could it be...??

well, there WAS a toilet down there, decades ago, the old fashion pull chain tank up on the wall.

that's all be disconnected.

so a call into the plumber, but he said i need to get a rotor-rooter guy, he will call him, and that guy will call me back.

in the meantime, i forgot i had water line/sewer line insurance thru my water supply company''supposedly, i am "covered" for them to come out.

i have "coverage for up to $6,500" if anything serious comes up........then if so......i have to pay any balance above that.........

i pray there is no big issue, other than a clogged line.

i am frantic, my heart is pounding, it is raw/damp, and a slight rain, and i am sweating profusely.

i hate this old house, (built in 1860), but i am stuck here, for reasons i cannot get into.

i want OUT....but i cannot just get out, again, for reasons i cannot get into.

christ, the BS never stops with this old house.

this is why i go to the range or the club, to relieve the stresses, and have fun.

every day i pray nothing goes wrong here, and that i hit the lottery..

apparently, those prayers are never answered.

this house has been in my family for generations, it will certainly end with me, no way would i put it into a trust for my family, i don't want them to go thru this BS.

sorry for the long posting, but i sit here, playing MS games, and wait for the rotor rooter guy to call me, telling me he is on the way, and pray it's not going to cost me more than the insurance covers

i will update much later.

thanks

UPDATE:

so, i had called this "insurance company" my water supply has for us residents. i cannot say if it is state wide, or for specific cities only.

but i pay yearly, like $180 for water pipe coverages, and like $180 for sewer line coverages.

"up to" $10,000 for the water coverage and "up to" $6,500 for the sewer coverage. the sewer coverage is rather new like from about 3 years ago.

i had also called my plummer, he told me about a rooter guy he knows. that guy called me, and said "about $350" to rooter the line

well, the insurance company guy they sent out, took like less than 15 minutes, and JOB DONE...!! (but i had to wait like over 3 hours, and well....you know..."people gotta go"...and we could not flush, or run any water, as it would have backed up into my basement more so.

it was just a "simple clog" for whatever reason he said, no roots, to be seen in the piping.

so, for the cost of yearly insurance, i had a ZERO payment due..

praise Jesus......

funny too, a few buddies of mine busted my chops for paying for this insurance.........glad i shrugged off those chided remarks.....

on a side note, i think this rooter thing was done like at least 5-6 years ago.....

i hope by the next time..??

i ain't a resident/owner here no more........

getting too old for this crap......literally and figuratively

Awwww Dude !
I know it's always something , our house is 65 years old , my daughters is 100 !
well mine (maybe yours too??) has the old cast iron drain pipes, and they have like rough edges inside of them, that "things" collect to, and build up over time.

as we all know, new pipes/construction are PVC, and real smooth inside for easier discharge and nuffin stick to those

My brother-in-law is 67

Imshocked GIF by Luke Guy