FedEx Freight | New Bolingbrook IL. terminal

I would question if there is going to be one...... Not saying it is not true,but how many chicagoland terminals can there be?

New Bolingbrook center

Not sure how many doors or of the address But was told it is off I-55 and Weber Rd...

Last edited by a moderator:
That must be that 60 door barn with the ware house on the North East corner of Joliet Rd. & East Crossroads Parkway. Good sized yard.

Ops,
I'm already counting in the 2 Natl terminals. One in Lyons,then the one in Schaumburg.
I don't work for Fed-X,so I'm guessing that CGX is either McCook/Summit and the CGT is Chicago Heights .

Ops,
I'm already counting in the 2 Natl terminals. One in Lyons,then the one in Schaumburg.
I don't work for Fed-X,so I'm guessing that CGX is either McCook/Summit and the CGT is Chicago Heights .

Yes you are correct Mike.

I don't think they plan on pulling a conway in the chicago land.I think they plan closing a terminal or two in chicago when all this blows over.

I don't think they plan on pulling a conway in the chicago land.I think they plan closing a terminal or two in chicago when all this blows over.

The only one Ive heard there closing in the Chicago land area so far is FXNL/ Lyons. there supposed to move into CGX (Chicago-summit.

The only one Ive heard there closing in the Chicago land area so far is FXNL/ Lyons. there supposed to move into CGX (Chicago-summit.

true but rumor was before merger was cgx was on bubble and I believe it only still open because there is no terminal in the southwest area.Such as bolingbrook. Plus they run a mini hub too which dont hurt.

What about ELGIN, The property was purchased a few years ago. I think it is near I-290 and DUNDEE rd. They need a hub on the west side.

Putting all that freight into CGX is going to be a nightmare. Hub operations suck now, I can only imagine what it will be like after we put the two together. It seems they have a hard time processing the out bound with the volume there is now. Look out Febuary.

What about ELGIN, The property was purchased a few years ago. I think it is near I-290 and DUNDEE rd. They need a hub on the west side.

The property for the Elgin center was on airport road near I90 and rte 31. I don't think we actually purchased it. I believe once the place was built then we would have officially purchased it. They showed us where it was going and then they graded the site and made it all level and then the economy tanked. They then said the Elgin project was on hold and a for sale sign went up on the property and it is still there. We were told Elgin will not happen especially now that Schaumburg will be running that area. Dennis M talked to us yesterday and the Bolingbrook center is a 3 year lease then they want to build a hub in the Joliet area. The new hub would take the place of CGX

That is good info. A very good idea to move the hub out of CGX, That would make sense for ST. louis to turn Joliet and then we would need another Major reconfiguration. St. louis was turning CGT this summer when we were busy. LIN road drivers take note of this possible development. Day runs??? Bye Bye.

That is good info. A very good idea to move the hub out of CGX, That would make sense for ST. louis to turn Joliet and then we would need another Major reconfiguration. St. louis was turning CGT this summer when we were busy. LIN road drivers take note of this possible development. Day runs??? Bye Bye.

He was saying they are considering getting into the trade show freight business and CGX would be a good location for that stuff

The property for the Elgin center was on airport road near I90 and rte 31. I don't think we actually purchased it. I believe once the place was built then we would have officially purchased it. They showed us where it was going and then they graded the site and made it all level and then the economy tanked. They then said the Elgin project was on hold and a for sale sign went up on the property and it is still there. We were told Elgin will not happen especially now that Schaumburg will be running that area. Dennis M talked to us yesterday and the Bolingbrook center is a 3 year lease then they want to build a hub in the Joliet area. The new hub would take the place of CGX
Lincoln, Illinois Road drivers beware of this development! Because if it is true ALL your relay freight will be moved by STL, EFH and PRU. A hub in Joliet, Il would mean at least 14 drivers out of a job. Think about it... Remember a few years ago when everyone denied knowing anything at ALL about a hub being built in Effingham, IL??? Well then after construction was almost complete they said "Yes we are building a terminal there but , I don't know if it is going to be a hub." Well the LINCOLN,Il hub was closed. And a lot of runs left there. I would take the buyout now if I could I mean in 3 years you will be looking for a job anyway. You might as well get paid to look now. Think about It.

Lincoln, Illinois Road drivers beware of this development! Because if it is true ALL your relay freight will be moved by STL, EFH and PRU. A hub in Joliet, Il would mean at least 14 drivers out of a job. Think about it... Remember a few years ago when everyone denied knowing anything at ALL about a hub being built in Effingham, IL??? Well then after construction was almost complete they said "Yes we are building a terminal there but , I don't know if it is going to be a hub." Well the LINCOLN,Il hub was closed. And a lot of runs left there. I would take the buyout now if I could I mean in 3 years you will be looking for a job anyway. You might as well get paid to look now. Think about It.

yeah u have a good point popcorn but there are alot of runs they can make out of lincoln that cant be made out of anywhere else due to it location.I'm not saying i'm right but u just dont get rid of a terminal and drivers out in the middle of no man land that could do your company some good.

yeah u have a good point popcorn but there are alot of runs they can make out of lincoln that cant be made out of anywhere else due to it location.I'm not saying i'm right but u just dont get rid of a terminal and drivers out in the middle of no man land that could do your company some good.
There is a lot more that goes into making a profitable operation than location. I would run away fast from LIN. St. Louis, Effingham, Peru, and Rock Island have already taken 90% of the relay freight LIN used to haul. The last 10% won't be hard to move.