Holland | New Business?

They had a partnership with Alvan prior to Yellow buying Holland. They do the same with Wilson in the South. The partnerships were formed before we were part of the big picture (YRCW).
Thanks for the info, I didn't know that. That makes me feel a little better.

hey driver

I believe it :toxic:, it's got to be true, if a driver told another driver that his cousin's neighbor's friend knows a guy that used to own a pick-up truck just like the one he saw parked in the Wendy's close to an Alvan terminal, what's not to believe. It's true fact, it has to be.
since you must be a driver, you must be telling a story now. right?

I believe it :toxic:, it's got to be true, if a driver told another driver that his cousin's neighbor's friend knows a guy that used to own a pick-up truck just like the one he saw parked in the Wendy's close to an Alvan terminal, what's not to believe. It's true fact, it has to be.
since you must be a driver, you must be telling a story now, eh?

That's interesting. Nashville driver told me he talked to sales rep from Alvan who (oh that's right) knew Alvan was closing and took his auto parts customers to Yellow. No kidding guys. Yesterday as a matter of fact. So he could work for Yellow and have a job of course.

since you must be a driver, you must be telling a story now. right?

tells story's but doesn't believe them, eh.

What more do you want? I said I believed you? I truly believe that someone from Nashville told you that he knew somebody that..., I've heard the same story for years, it has to be true. Different company, different city, but the same old true story. I thought that you were repeating the story for our entertainment? By putting "sales rep from Alvan who (oh that's right) knew Alvan was closing and took his auto parts customers to Yellow", I thought you were making fun of this person like we all were. Maybe I'm taking this all wrong, maybe you are joking? Yes, I am a driver. Yes, I was telling a story that I just made up. Yes, I think this story was told to you as the truth. No, I don't think it's true. This story is just like nearly every other day we hear about Holland, Yellow, Roadway, Conway, Estes, just to name a few, that are going out of business or getting bought or sold. It gets old hearing the same old stories from people that just like to start a good story. If a publicly traded company leaks that they are going out of business or being bought or sold without making it public knowledge there are several laws that are broken. So no I don't think this sales rep did what the story said he did, but maybe this time he did, I don't know? If my attempt at humor didn't tickle your funny bone, I'm sure it won't be my last attempt. If you were offended, I'm sorry. The main thing is no humans or animal's were injured or killed during the making of this post. :biglaugh:

please accept my apology

What more do you want? I said I believed you? I truly believe that someone from Nashville told you that he knew somebody that..., I've heard the same story for years, it has to be true. Different company, different city, but the same old true story. I thought that you were repeating the story for our entertainment? By putting "sales rep from Alvan who (oh that's right) knew Alvan was closing and took his auto parts customers to Yellow", I thought you were making fun of this person like we all were. Maybe I'm taking this all wrong, maybe you are joking? Yes, I am a driver. Yes, I was telling a story that I just made up. Yes, I think this story was told to you as the truth. No, I don't think it's true. This story is just like nearly every other day we hear about Holland, Yellow, Roadway, Conway, Estes, just to name a few, that are going out of business or getting bought or sold. It gets old hearing the same old stories from people that just like to start a good story. If a publicly traded company leaks that they are going out of business or being bought or sold without making it public knowledge there are several laws that are broken. So no I don't think this sales rep did what the story said he did, but maybe this time he did, I don't know? If my attempt at humor didn't tickle your funny bone, I'm sure it won't be my last attempt. If you were offended, I'm sorry. The main thing is no humans or animal's were injured or killed during the making of this post. :biglaugh:
You are right, I said something in the post to cause you to think I didn't believe the story myself. When I said ("oh that's right") I was confirming my thought of what the other driver said. But it can be taken both ways. I am sorry I insulted you. You are only trying to lighten things up a little (if I am putting words in your mouth sorry). I get too serious sometimes. Have a great time in the forums. Again, I am sorry B.H.

You are right, I said something in the post to cause you to think I didn't believe the story myself. When I said ("oh that's right") I was confirming my thought of what the other driver said. But it can be taken both ways. I am sorry I insulted you. You are only trying to lighten things up a little (if I am putting words in your mouth sorry). I get too serious sometimes. Have a great time in the forums. Again, I am sorry B.H.

We're cool, I wasn't mad, just confused. I don't get insulted unless someone makes up a story to try and make Holland loose work to another company. We all try to share info with each other here, that's what makes this such a great site. I will be a jerk when I need to be but for the most part I try and relay info or just have a good time with all of the great friend's I've make on this site. There are people that act one way and then show their true colors, within time they all do. Most people that have been here for a while know what I'm about, I want to help anybody I can but if you want to start trouble I'll be there for you. We all have different opinions from time to time but we must all get along and just agree to disagree without getting in to an all out war. This is just a site for fellowship and sharing info nothing more and nothing less. Can't we all just get along, lol.