ODFL | New cameras and 24/7 recording

johnnybtruckin

TB Lurker
Credits
Heard that new front facing cameras are being trialed in Chicago and another city and that now they'll be recording 24/7 vs relying on the G Forces to record (I thought cameras were always recording). No mention of driver facing cams. Anyone heard the same thing?

Heard that new front facing cameras are being trialed in Chicago and another city and that now they'll be recording 24/7 vs relying on the G Forces to record (I thought cameras were always recording). No mention of driver facing cams. Anyone heard the same thing?
I wouldn't get too excited about it just yet.

We were told this morning that they will be installed over the next few months and received a paper stating that they were only front facing and would not record audio. But if you go to the saia board and read what they have , which happens to be the same brand camera...., don't know if i can believe the statement. I kind of expect a device that has driver facing camera said not to be active. Mangers would not LIE to us would they.....

We were told this morning that they will be installed over the next few months and received a paper stating that they were only front facing and would not record audio. But if you go to the saia board and read what they have , which happens to be the same brand camera...., don't know if i can believe the statement. I kind of expect a device that has driver facing camera said not to be active. Mangers would not LIE to us would they.....
Only if they say, "We have your best interest at heart".

We ( Conway-XPO) have had driver facing/forward facing since day one. So even when I avoid a couch falling off a truck in front of me, avoid an accident, save the day, because I had to react fast , swerved just in time, that’s great. BUT, if the camera also shows me doing something, not up to snuff, in that same video, they will punish me. I find it hard to believe, that OD, won’t have the cameras in YOUR trucks the same way. Just my opinion.

I can’t tell you guys for sure. I know I hit a deer few months back. They showed it to me. Which it wasn’t my fault they just said I want you to see what this deer done. It showed truck going speed limit and shows the deer darting across median into my lane. It showed me slowing down to try to avoid it and which I held my lane as don’t wanna turn over pups for a deer. No audio. We don’t have driver facing either. I will tell you, some guys have been written up because hard braking can trigger “an event” which sends an email to safety. How the caned is on the windshield it shows a reflection of inside the cab. It showed drivers with cell phone in hand at moment of hard braking

It is a company truck , they can do what they want , i just feel like we are being lied to. Time will tell over the next few months.

I'm glad we are getting cameras. Finally some accountability for these hot shot super truckers I see around Chicagoland at night. The professionalism of our new drivers over the last few years have been disappointing. The company I drove for before OD had them and when they were installed it got rid of a lot of the ::shit:: heads. Now if we could get some new pups and terminals that don't collapse we'll be in business.

That is all i want. The truth. If you are going to record sound or video in the truck say it. The paper we received said no inside video or sound. We will see if it is true

Don’t know why everyone gets so upset about these cameras? They are industry standard. They can work for you, or against you. If you aren’t doing anything wrong, you should be ok. The other reason is liability. Thank insurance companies, and Sue happy lawyers.
I think companies should agree to never reveal a photo if you are caught picking your nose or scratching your fanny.
Billy has agreed to this on all his zero-equipped mowers.

It is not a problem about having the camera ,it is the lies that come after. We will NEVER do this or that and then they do. Are we perfect, NO , but the stories told here, not on this board yet but others, Of how the companies abuse the cameras in trucks for purposes other than safety.

It is not a problem about having the camera ,it is the lies that come after. We will NEVER do this or that and then they do. Are we perfect, NO , but the stories told here, not on this board yet but others, Of how the companies abuse the cameras in trucks for purposes other than safety.
Because we all know, there is always somebody in the ladder of success, that is willing to throw the people beneath them, under the bus.

doesn't bother me whether we have cameras on us or not. One thing that bothers me, is when you are in a sleeper and on off duty(YOUR TIME) and they are still watching you. I can see it being ok, if running team, close curtain. But, at least when I get to hotel and do my 10 or 34 I have privacy and can be respected for that while NOT working.

We ( Conway-XPO) have had driver facing/forward facing since day one. So even when I avoid a couch falling off a truck in front of me, avoid an accident, save the day, because I had to react fast , swerved just in time, that’s great. BUT, if the camera also shows me doing something, not up to snuff, in that same video, they will punish me. I find it hard to believe, that OD, won’t have the cameras in YOUR trucks the same way. Just my opinion.
Fedex freight has had forward facing cameras and whole lot of other stuff but never facing the driver! Just because xpo has those driver facing cameras dosen’t mean everyone else is going to get them! Saia and xpo have not had a very good driver retention rate and those driver facing cameras have a little something to do with that! OD put out the statement they will not be driver facing! So until they say otherwise it’s pretty much a fart in a mitten and this point!

Fedex freight has had forward facing cameras and whole lot of other stuff but never facing the driver! Just because xpo has those driver facing cameras dosen’t mean everyone else is going to get them! Saia and xpo have not had a very good driver retention rate and those driver facing cameras have a little something to do with that! OD put out the statement they will not be driver facing! So until they say otherwise it’s pretty much a fart in a mitten and this point!
Insurance co will have cameras mandated. If they say driver facing that's what it will be.