new century job

mtm

TB Lurker
Credits
im currently worinking at us food service hand unloading every box on the truck 10 to 20 stops a day 600-800 cases a day looking into something new i live in the toms river nj area willing travel im thinking about new century transport but i dont know much about the job i saw the pay rates on line money looks good im wondering if anybody has worked for or is working for them currently could tell me more about them what shifts they work days, nights, weekends, how much ot you could get a week how much you put outof pay in benifits
most importantly do they treat you good we all now that a good way to choose a job is to talk to other drivers that work there to get the facts that you may not get in a interview us foods has treated me good for
11 years im just looking for a change
thanks guys
mike

a friend left our company and went there 6 mths ago. he loves it. 1300-1500 a week home 9 of 10 weekends nice benefit pkg. ltl is the way to go it pays better than their tl division. as long as yu dont mind the away time... good lock

Hummmm, Yo were you out of swedes or Bridgeport?any Iam looking to leave myself very soon:smilie_132:Nice people to work for:nutkick:11 years,6 for me mike:chairshot:

I worked there from 1/08 to 3/08. You'll make damn good money if you like being gone more than a week at a time. The driver managers, Gary Wagner and Vernon Brown will say, they will back you when you have conflicts with dispatch but lets be honest they are for the company not you. The dipatchers are some of the rudest I have ever worked with in my 18 years of driving. They give $50/month for cell phone usage. It should be more like $75, because you will be calling brokers and customers all the time. Everytime you sit at the home terminal, you will never be given layover pay. Even if you sat there for 24 hrs. They recently cut their trucks back to 68 mph. Oh by the way, you will run hard alot and be expected to run illegal. I hope you are creative with logging. Also they don't want you to call them but it's ok for them to call you. The LTL division does pay better whether you are pulling LTL or not. Also you will always be 2nd best to a former Jevic driver, Harry seems to take care of them more.