FedEx Freight | New City Driver question

Thanks jus wondering how many hours a week new drivers usually get at a hub.
FedEx is good about getting you your 40. Winter is slow so not many kick-outs on road runs. As freight picks-up you'll spend less time on the dock and more time driving. When bids come up you can always bid for the city :)

Leroy, where are you trying to get in at? A lot of locations over hire. It's convenient for them to have extra people around just in case they're needed. It's good for the manager but not so good for the new hire. You'll get better feedback if everyone knows which location.

I totally disagree. Depends on location. A new hire should be warned.

I agree, for the most part. However, a SCM determines a big part of this. Over my short time at FXF I've never had to worry about hours. Always something to do somewhere. Even working the dock they made a point of keeping me, a full-time driver, working when the night was coming to an end and work was waning.

Is this a hard and fast rule? I think we bid last April and am betting we'll bid again soon.
Not at all. At my center we bid city May 1st and Nov. 1st. Depends on mgmt. Ours is decent enough to keep it the same every year.

Leroy, where are you trying to get in at? A lot of locations over hire. It's convenient for them to have extra people around just in case they're needed. It's good for the manager but not so good for the new hire. You'll get better feedback if everyone knows which location.
CLT HUB