Yellow | New culture at YRC

Fr8holler

TB Regular
Credits
4 months since the new CEO and several since the new president , Rogers , and I have still not noticed a go@*#mned bit of change in the company culture ,which since the merger has been a money losing , junk truck driving , incompetent management , employee laying off , worthless pile of dung. I had hoped to see some signs of improvement by now.

Absolutely no communication from management to employees , Yes Mr Rogers , we are with you , the question is , where are you ?
I am beginning to fear that the new team is in way over their head.

And where the hell are our new trucks ? Do they think we can keep running these deteriorating piles of poop for ever ? The newest ones have 400,000 miles on them. Guess those pictures of the new white ones last summer in Atlanta were a hoax.

4 months since the new CEO and several since the new president , Rogers , and I have still not noticed a go@*#mned bit of change in the company culture ,which since the merger has been a money losing , junk truck driving , incompetent management , employee laying off , worthless pile of dung. I had hoped to see some signs of improvement by now.
It took more than 4 months to make this mess. Give them a chance. I would guess by spring of 2012 we may see some positive changes.

Fr8holler said:
And where the hell are our new trucks ? Do they think we can keep running these deteriorating piles of poop for ever ? The newest ones have 400,000 miles on them. Guess those pictures of the new white ones last summer in Atlanta were a hoax.

They are out there. There is nothing wrong with the trucks we have now. The maintenance, while not perfect, is a lot better than in the past.

Why spend more money we don't have on equipment that we don't need?

No matter how much money you spend on it, Windows will still crash !

We brought some help back and we went from missing p'u's to leaving with 4 deliverys on the truck. Nice to deliver and pick-up everything on time but geez.....the peddle run shouldnt fit in the back of a pick-up truck !!! Great management !!!

lazylarry said:
We brought some help back and we went from missing p'u's to leaving with 4 deliverys on the truck. Nice to deliver and pick-up everything on time but geez.....the peddle run shouldnt fit in the back of a pick-up truck !!! Great management !!!

The important thing is we are making p/u and deliveries on time is a great first step.

i would rather see the city and dock guys get their 5 minutes per break back than see them buying a bunch of new equipment.

Remember the long nose Volvos Roadway put the new engines in and ran for about ten years?

Remember the long nose Volvos Roadway put the new engines in and ran for about ten years?
You must be refering to the "pipe" trucks. Replaced those quality 8V72 Detroits with Series 60 engines. The door hinges were so wore out you could stick your hand in the truck without opening the door! LOL

And then made them "City Tractors" changing the door hinges wasn't bad, but fixing the door posts so you had something to bolt the hinge to was pita ;)

Kennesaw Kid said:
I would rather see that Pension payment move up from 25% before they start buying anything else....KK

Agreed!

And then made them "City Tractors" changing the door hinges wasn't bad, but fixing the door posts so you had something to bolt the hinge to was pita ;)
Don't forget Kyzors and air starters. And vacuum operated windshield wipers.

Don't forget Kyzors and air starters. And vacuum operated windshield wipers.

Ah the old Williams dump valve diaphragm on the top with a aluminum plate that used to break under it, take the top off the valve and stomp on the shaft to start the truck.........Memories.....................