ODFL | New Day Cabs& Volvo Sleepers

if you look at some of the 275s they have an air ride jump seet these are for driver trainers and i think it is about time there goes the days of getting the crap beat out of you while training someone:TR10driving03:

the new 275 trucks do seem to pull alot better and the engine brakes are nice it was nice to go down the grapevine with a heavy load and stay at the legal speed without using the brakes:1036316054:

What are all the extra features making them so nice? Jakes, Lane departure, tilt steering? I haven't seen any out here. Is there a CAT in them?

the 275 trucks have a bigger eng and it is a merc. engine acording to par. shop manager they are set at 410 hp. instead of 335 hp.
it does make a difference but they are new let see how they run when they get 100,000 miles on them
rto just got 10 of them in last week they have ordered alot of them

I am a new driver to old dominion and my boyfriend and I are currently going through training and were wondering what the sleeper trucks are like inside?

I am a new driver to old dominion and my boyfriend and I are currently going through training and were wondering what the sleeper trucks are like inside?

Welcome to the O.D. forum.There are several team drivers that post on this forum and I'm sure they'll be glad to help you out.

I haven't driven an OD Volvo/sleeper cab, but I have for another company. They are nice. Mine was a double bunk, so you can fold the top bunk down and use that for storage. Also plenty of cabinets inside. The bottom bunk lifts up to allow access to the "jock box" area underneath the cab. Storage room shouldn't be a problem, but any truck is going to close in around you after you've been in it for awhile.

The FL Columbia team trucks are pretty bare bones on the inside. Pretty much a bed and a waist size cabinet or two. This shouldn't be a concern though because you'll be getting paid pretty good to put up with such conditions.

In all seriousness the team trucks are as cheap and bare bones as you can buy a Freightliner. I drive team and this is our 4th truck and they keep getting cheaper and less user friendly.

i dont know about the team trucks but they had me doing city work and i drove one of the business class trucks and talk about a p.o.s i don't know what accellerates faster a ford pinto or the truck

i did have a pinto that had a bored out engine and four on the floor that was not slow on take off or maybe i should not have admitted i owned a pinto. Oops

do the new team trucks still have those filters on the exhaust i could have swore i seen the mech taking one off and putting on a regular muffler isn't that illeagal