New Director of Fleet Maintenance

Discussion in 'A. Duie Pyle' started by Gone Fishin, Jun 4, 2012.

1. Gone Fishin

Gone Fishin Active Member

Any changes in sight with the CSA compliance guy becoming the new director of fleet maintenance?

2. bumper

bumper Member

Depends on what changes you mean. If you mean as to what trucks we buy, he doesn't make that call.

3. moose

moose Active Member

I will say this I work for fedex freight and from the trucks I see you guys have nice looking trucks always clean !!!!

4. Lazer

Lazer lied to again

With the trends in the industry, the director of 'anything' will be a computor person. The director of 'freight traffic' has never been inside a truck, the 'director of sales' has never met a customer, the 'director of maintenance' has never turned a wrench. These positions nowaday's all require a master's degree on moving didgets from one side of a computor screen to the other side.

5. ltltrkr

ltltrkr Active Member

:guiness:he has turned a wrench, started as a mechanic and moved up the ranks b/4 coming to Pyle.:36:

6. bumper

bumper Member

As a 20 year man at ADP the one thing I always appreciated was how many white shirts started either as drivers or dock workers and was given the oportunity to progress in the company. I was a driver, now I work in Safety in DOT compliance. Many of our dispatchers were drivers. Some TM's started as dock workers or drivers. It's not a smoke and mirrors act, it's the REAL DEAL. We do have our issues, but what company doesn't. After all nobody's perfect.:6788:

7. fattire

fattire New Member

I think it is a step in the right direction. He has a CDL and can drive. He appreciates well maintained equipment and is in the position to see to it that we get it. Good luck to him.

8. bumper

bumper Member

Amen brother