ODFL | New dispatching system

JIM BOB

06/47-08/20
Rest In Peace
Credits
I think the new dispatching system starts this week in the Carolinas.We've got good people on our end starting it up.Going to be interesting for a while.Heard a few terminals up north are already doing it.

JIM BOB said:
I think the new dispatching system starts this week in the Carolinas.We've got good people on our end starting it up.Going to be interesting for a while.Heard a few terminals up north are already doing it.

i just started so how do i know if if were usin it or not, what are the details?

The computers have been great. We used to beeped on the nextel all day long. Now it comes to the computer and thats it. Some days I only talk to dispatched 2 or 3 times a day. All the customer info is already in there, address phone #. I picked up once and got 1 skid and the computer showed there shools be another so I went back in and sure enough there was. It saved me from leaving and having to go back later. Dispatch says it alot nicer too. Only thing is there phone rings all day long.

No problem

No problem,I am sure young Luke Skywalker will be on board shortly.He knows more of the ins and outs than I do.Right now he's probably getting the beauty rest he so seriously needs.

JIM BOB said:
No problem,I am sure young Luke Skywalker will be on board shortly.He knows more of the ins and outs than I do.Right now he's probably getting the beauty rest he so seriously needs.
Ahh it seems all of the breakbulk terminals will be in more control of the smaller ones now and they will have to keep check on all of the frieght and drivers coming and going.Basically they will acting as central but from a more regional stance.I'm really curious how some people don't have to comply with these new rules such as some dispatchers at the breakbulks don't have to search for frieght and drivers at the satelites they still just pick up the phone and call central cause they are scared to make a desicion.

Some nap

Damn Luke,that was some nap you took.Things slow around here now,interesting to see how the new deal works when things start rock'n and rolling.Old school O.D.way was deliver the freight.On time,anywhere,any how,any way.Don't make any difference what changes,that won't.

Power

Skywalker said:
Jim, got word the other day that this regional dispatching system isn't working very well and their going back to the old way very soon.

Understand some people didn't want to give up the POWER.

I know Scott in central dispatch was promoted to operations manager. It is his responsibility to make things run right. if anyone can its him. He was a great dispatcher. So if they do go back he will be the man with a plan. I have noticed a few good changes in cental allready. I guess we will see.