Yellow | new electronic log devices

mrabf

TB Lurker
Credits
Have yrc corporations put any ELD (electronic log device) in their trucks yet ?
if they have not they better get on the ball according to the new law every commercial truck
must be in compliance by jan 2017 thats one year and 3 month away if yrc does not start putting the ELD in by May of next year. That's a big sign and I hate to see what's going to happen next.
Just saying

My understanding is that they are actually installing two things in the trucks right now and many are done. One is a cradle to charge the new hand held devices and the second thing (which has 3 initials) is some sort of connection between the truck and the device that will do the electronic logs. Did anyone else read that sheet better than me and can comment what the second thing they are installing is and what the three initials are? Also I thought it was Oct 1, 2017 when you were going to have mandatory electronic logs, did they bump that up?

The carriers have two years to implement electronic logs from the date of the publication of the final rule mandating them. FMCSA had intended to publish it by Oct. 1, 2015 but I can't find anything on them doing that. If FMCSA did publish it Oct. 1 everybody would have to install the electronic logs by Oct. 1, 2017

The second thing they are installing in all the Holland tractors, besides the powered vehicle dock for the new driver hand held devices, is the Digi Wireless Vehicle Adapter for future use in vehicle telematics and Electronic Driver Logs. Yes I went out to my pick up truck and found the sheet they handed out a while back! At my terminal I think they have about three quarter of the trucks done already.

The new hand held devices that the city drivers will be using soon at Holland are the Honeywell CT50. I guess eventually the road drivers will use them also, but I don't think that will happen for a while.

Where I work we've had Peoplenet for 7 years. It won't comply with the new rules of downloading. We're switching from built in Peoplenet to a phone type tablet called XRS (I think are the three letters). Hooks to the truck's Diagnostics and sits in a cradle. If the truck turns a wheel it records everything, including speeds in construction Zones, and sends alerts immediately to base...