XPO | New etrack bars…wtf???

upnorth

TB Veteran
Super Moderator
PREMIUM
Credits
Had a new trailer yesterday, the new etrack bars have no groove on the latch to hook to. No way to leverage them down other than getting on the forks. Anyone see new bars for dropping them?

It would only be a waste if the company didn't maintain the SafeStack™ system...wait , it would be a waste if the company didn't enforce the correct use of the SafeStack© system...Hold on...it would be a waste if people didn't use the SafeStack ® system when possible...welp , I guess it is a waste.
When the company rolled out safestack, I helped train everyone in the region. That is exactly what I knew would happen. Total waste. Kind of like most programs that have come along. Remember I.C.E.? PRIDE, LEAN? Better training, enforcement and maintenance/repair would make this a lot better. The coy won’t spend the $.

Between damaged and missing bars and tracks, you‘re right. old style load decks are popular again.
Yup. Load decks are good along with proper stacking, dunnage use, and no one getting conked on the head with defective beams. The tracks and straps would be put to well use doing old school, far better than the old trailers with not enough d-rings and using rope to secure freight. As an instructor, I'd rather teach old school loading and see a few write ups for damaged freight, making an example of the lazy loaders would go a long way to having less damage

Yup. Load decks are good along with proper stacking, dunnage use, and no one getting conked on the head with defective beams. The tracks and straps would be put to well use doing old school, far better than the old trailers with not enough d-rings and using rope to secure freight. As an instructor, I'd rather teach old school loading and see a few write ups for damaged freight, making an example of the lazy loaders would go a long way to having less damage
I agree. Unfortunately, there is very little care taken with our customers freight theses days. I do my job, and encourage others, new and old, to “load it like you will have to unload it”.

I haven't looked closely at them, but would you be able to retrofit them with the other style of release? Not that anyone would take the time to do that, lol. Just wondering out loud, here...

Had a new trailer yesterday, the new etrack bars have no groove on the latch to hook to. No way to leverage them down other than getting on the forks. Anyone see new bars for dropping them?
While they seem smoother when they move and whatnot, I like that. But like you said, not only is there no proper bar/tool to move the etrack bars, there isn't even anywhere to put one in the trailer.