FedEx Freight | New Forum Name?

mrblanche

TB Lurker
Credits
I see this has been changed to FedEx National LTL already. That may be a little premature; I doubt you'll see than name on anything in less than 60 days, and the acquisition is still subject to FTC review, as well as NAFTA review (due to the Canadian operation). I doubt they'll stop the deal, but it could happen.

mrblanche said:
I see this has been changed to FedEx National LTL already. That may be a little premature; I doubt you'll see than name on anything in less than 60 days, and the acquisition is still subject to FTC review, as well as NAFTA review (due to the Canadian operation). I doubt they'll stop the deal, but it could happen.
I cannot speak for the administrators of this board. But my guess is that it was changed in a matter of a second and a few keystrokes and was changed to be a positive gesture toward the newest members of our family. FedEx associates will most likely be very welcoming and hospitable to all Watkins folks. This board is, and should be, a great example of that. If the deal is not approved then changing it back can probably be done in about ten seconds.

mrblanche said:

AF was changed to FedEx Freight........Overnite was changed to UPS Freight as soon as the press releases came out......no one complained then........Did you not see the picture on the Forum of the trailer that was tagged FedEx National LTL?.....so, something is allready has a name change on it in less than 60 days......KK

Can anyone tell us about FedEx insurance?
How much they take out of your pay a week or every other week. For the family plan?

they changed those trailers and tractors back to Freight quickly after those pictures. It was a top secret project. if you look that tractor and trailers up, they are running back in the freight linehaul system.

Pictures???

What tractor and trailers have National on them? I can't find 'em.. if your talking about the one on the National site,,, i think that was digitaly done

they werent digital. they were the real thing. stripped with freight, decalled with national and then restripped and back to freight. all in a short amount of time.

Gator said:
How much they take out of your pay a week or every other week. For the family plan?

gator ins premiums difer depending on options chosen at open enrollment time ,different levels of copays deductables etc etc, script crd etc etc,I pay 9.00 a week for myself and wife litle tot on the way will maybe go to 15.00 not shure yet, I know top options on everything will be about 48.00 a week. Basically you can pay up front to have low deductables or no deduct or pay when you need to like your taxes claim 0 all year get a big chunk back, claim 3 dependents dont get any back you know all in how you want to do it ........... welcome to FEDEX

Gator said:
i bet nothing will change from what you have now. each of the fedex companies are run seperately, bennies and all. so my guess would be you'll keep what you got for the forseeable future.

badlionsfan said:
i bet nothing will change from what you have now. each of the fedex companies are run seperately, bennies and all. so my guess would be you'll keep what you got for the forseeable future.
Like FedEx, Watkins is self insured under the WAI umbrella. I dont think that we will be keeping WAI insurance.

insurance

STLFireman said:
Like FedEx, Watkins is self insured under the WAI umbrella. I dont think that we will be keeping WAI insurance.
I've been told that the watkins insurance which was with aatna PPO is going away and we would be changing to signa, which I hear is comparable in coverage but I can't say about the price.

TEXASEMPLOYEE said:
I've been told that the watkins insurance which was with aatna PPO is going away and we would be changing to signa, which I hear is comparable in coverage but I can't say about the price.
Watkins is self insured on health, they follow the aetna guidelines on discounts and stuff like that. I have been round and round with them over this. I have a handicapped daughter and deal with it all the time with operations and such.

lil red welcome to trucking boards. Good to have you here and posting. I don't work at FEDEX but I'm sure you'll get an answer soon.