New guy here :)

w[h]o

(\m/>.
Credits
Hey guys! I recently got the job for sysco and start soon. I got to do a p.a.t test still which should be easy right? Well i'm currently employed with a soda company. They close my plant down so i was relocated 60 miles away from my house. Just a big mess right now and can't wait to start with sysco

If you were running pop you shouldn't have a problem passing the pre employment physical thingy or with much of the job except product recognition and digging in the beginning. Which location?

Same work, different product. I heard sysco work harder than we do. I don't mind harder work. Plant in IL

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

More cases but (probably) fewer stops and no rotating, stocking, or crap-tastic liquor store deliveries. If you're talking outside Chicago they've got a lot going on right now. They picked up the schools in town and from what I understand have had to bring help in from other warehouses (supervisors running routes) until they get enough drivers hired on.

w[h]o;1256292 said:
Hey guys! I recently got the job for sysco and start soon. I got to do a p.a.t test still which should be easy right? Well i'm currently employed with a soda company. They close my plant down so i was relocated 60 miles away from my house. Just a big mess right now and can't wait to start with sysco

Welcome aboard Brother! Pop guys do really well here, they seem to really take to Sysco, all of the ones I talk to like it alot better too! Glad your here w[h]o, and congratulations on the job!

Well a little update, first day on the truck and I was already driving alone. Had to do two runs. I wasn't expecting that on the first day driving, but I didn't expect them to hold my hand either.
Same general idea of delivering but way more product. Back in the days when I use to work for the pop business(last week) I can pick the order without reading the box for sizes and flavour. Do you guys eventually remember every products?

w[h]o;1263098 said:
Well a little update, first day on the truck and I was already driving alone. Had to do two runs. I wasn't expecting that on the first day driving, but I didn't expect them to hold my hand either.
Same general idea of delivering but way more product. Back in the days when I use to work for the pop business(last week) I can pick the order without reading the box for sizes and flavour. Do you guys eventually remember every products?

Yes, you will get to know every single one, product recognition comes with time, that and learning the system, how they load, which loaders turn the labels to the insides or the outside, or on top, you will get it! We just hired another guy away from Pepsi, just looking at him and talking to him I know he is going to do fantastic! We are glad to have him!

Yes, you will get to know every single one, product renition comes with time, that and learning the system, how they load, which loaders turn the labels to the insides or the outside, or on top, you will get it! We just hired another guy away from Pepsi, just looking at him and talking to him I know he is going to do fantastic! We are glad to have him!

Hey grocery thrower im new to this forum and also new to sysco. Just got hired and waiting on my test results to come back. Im leaving a produce company out here in Sacramento that delivers alot of the same product . im just trying to get a better understanding of what im going into. Im ready for the hardwork and long hours but what else

Hey grocery thrower im new to this forum and also new to sysco. Just got hired and waiting on my test results to come back. Im leaving a produce company out here in Sacramento that delivers alot of the same product . im just trying to get a better understanding of what im going into. Im ready for the hardwork and long hours but what else

Welcome aboard! If you came from a produce company, its the same work, just many more products, you should fit right in, Sysco is a big company, there is a certian level of BS here, I hope your in a union shop, that helps cut alot of the BS, like anywhere else there is good and bad, I like my work, I'm a shuttle driver, I liked it when I was a route driver as well.

Welcome to TruckingBoards as well, we have a nice community here, I hope you will settle in, look around and be a part of us!

Welcome aboard! If you came from a produce company, its the same work, just many more products, you should fit right in, Sysco is a big company, there is a certian level of BS here, I hope your in a union shop, that helps cut alot of the BS, like anywhere else there is good and bad, I like my work, I'm a shuttle driver, I liked it when I was a route driver as well.

Welcome to TruckingBoards as well, we have a nice community here, I hope you will settle in, look around and be a part of us!
Thanks alot for the info im new to this frum but love it almost addicted to it. I'll keep you updated on my journey

Thanks alot for the info im new to this frum but love it almost addicted to it. I'll keep you updated on my journey

Please do keep us updated, as for being addicted, many of us are, I gave up 25 years of alcohol, only to become addicted to this TruckingBoards, beats being a drunk by a hellova long mile!

I havent been in here in a minute but i finally started training on routes and im picking it up fast its hard labor though no joke. Im doing good so far just wgen it comes to backing into some of these crazy spots kill me. That and i need a top line pair of boots to save my feet. Any recommendations from anyone