SAIA | New GVL TM

Demolitionman

TB Veteran
Credits
The long time tm in gvl quit a few weeks ago, and we got a guy from central/vitran in NY. He seems like a good guy, by the book, but as long as you do what your job entails...no problem. But the thing is, he is trying to implement a new policy of us l/h drivers putting up our back pups. Yes I did bring a van back this am and went around back against my better judgement and had to blindside to a door bc the yard was a mess. But his memo stated u must put both to a door unless the doors are full, and im that case double up pups on the line. Am I missing something in the manual, or are we only responsible for our front pup unless pad an extra drop according to policy?

I thought our guard put up that notice? due to the wording that anybody that didn't would be reported to the saia main office. my rear is around back in the middle of the yard.

It looked like Leo's writing, but it is the words of the tm. Had I had a set, I would have said **** it too. We can be reported to the home office al he wAnts, but we are not breaking company policy. Comgrats for making it from around back after how those rears were dropped. 13 tandem + 53' = blind siding to get out of it. If that first one would have been pulled more fwd I coulda spun around out of it. Understand his reasoning, but guarantee we get now second drop, Nevermind those who leave mty sets are not getting reported.

Book says we only have to put the lead to the dock if you put up the rear it's another drop and hook city drivers and hostlers get paid by the hour to do it it's their job Leo's old blind deaf a$$ needs to retire and go back up north I can only imagine what that place looked like sat morning after the mess it was already in Friday night

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

I agree on the mess looks like the OB dock would clean up the yard before leaving, I thought it was Chris's doing.