ABF | New Hire to Top Out Pay?

yes on the road or "linehaul' it takes 2 yrs. you go 1 yr at 75% then 6 months at 80% and 6 months at 90%. Then on your 2 year aniversy "yes i spelled that wrong" your at 100%.
but keep this in mind. at 75% your starting pay is .4050 a mile and $16.16 an hr. how many truckload companies start at .40 a mile? and the ones that do top out at about
.43 to .45 mile. We top out out .55 a mile and $22.00 after 2 years of service. pretty damn good.
i drive for ABF in Az and i averge $960.00 a week gross and $750.00 a week take home and i'm at 75%!!!!!!! i don't complain.

"stoneyABF",,,
how many days a week do you get to drive?
do they keep you busy?
How long have you worked there?

thanks for the great answers:bgroovy:

Hey buster, for the first 2 months or so it was alittle hit and miss but i never went without a paycheck. instead of getting my six trips in i may only get 3 or 4 trips.
But now i work everyday if i want. and i've only been there 11 months.
And what i mean by six trips is, at most ABF's when you work 6 trips or what we call "tours". you earn your ATO "accumlated time off". here in kingman, Az we get 56 hours off after 6 tours and 72 hours off after 12 tours.
And usually it takes me 6 days to get my 6 tours in. in about another year or so it should only take me about 5 days to get my 6 tours in.

I'm new to Dayton 064 linehaul. We get 48 hours off after 6 tours. Is this something that the contract allows the local TM to decide?

CDL holder said:
I'm new to Dayton 064 linehaul. We get 48 hours off after 6 tours. Is this something that the contract allows the local TM to decide?
hey CDL holder do you have ICQ.com or anykind of instant messenger? I'd like to hear your insights on the Dayton terminal when you get a minute.

My icq is 257-502-747

CDL holder welcome to the boards. Good to have you here and posting. I run a bid to 064 out of Winston. Maybe I can buy you a cup of coffee sometime up there.

hillbilly frog said:
CDL holder welcome to the boards. Good to have you here and posting. I run a bid to 064 out of Winston. Maybe I can buy you a cup of coffee sometime up there.
CDL Holder
Hillbilly will be the one that talks funny and sleeps in those damn little rooms with no windows bathrooms or Beagles.:smilie_132:
Oh yeah thats right all those boys from 051 talk funny:rofl2:

Does that mean I have to learn to talk funny as I just got hired in Atlanta(086) and I'm moving down from New England. They'll probably say I talk funny!

waysho said:
Does that mean I have to learn to talk funny as I just got hired in Atlanta(086) and I'm moving down from New England. They'll probably say I talk funny!
Naaaa we pretty much just accept ya as ya are down here.:rolleyes: