new hire?

varidgerunner

TB Lurker
Credits
What kind of benefits is a linehaul driver eligable for? How does the pay scale increase for new hires in linehaul? Any information would be appreciated.

Roanoke seems to have their own set of rules..I hear the TM has the OK to pretty much pay you whatever he wants to. How true that is, I don't know.. TERRIBLE equipment! trucks breaking down all the time, TM is a big time micro manager..has no clue how to run a terminal he was fired from SE if that tells ya anything! and remember, You'll be running to Harrisburg, Pa. and back, and making enroute stops sometimes. If you sit in Harrisburg for 2 hrs. you get paid ZERO. (what kind of contract is that?) may as well be Non Union! ...I have a good friend driving for them. I would apply at UPS Freight if I were you. they have a Teamster contract allbeit their first contract, the next one is sure to be better! Good luck driver!

You sound like someone with an agenda against the company...that's apparent from your first sentence

"I hear the TM has the OK to pretty much pay you whatever he wants to."

The TM HAS to follow the union contract so anything you said beyond that has no credibility

You sound like someone with an agenda against the company...that's apparent from your first sentence

"I hear the TM has the OK to pretty much pay you whatever he wants to."

The TM HAS to follow the union contract so anything you said beyond that has no credibility

actually this is not entirely true.....

i worked at a location and even though i was under contract rules and had to wait for my yearly pay raise, i walked into the TM's office and just asked if i can get the next raise now...and he did it. i do believe it was "about" 6 months before i was due the raise, under the contract.

Thanks for the response. I pulled two weeks, but decided I was tired of not seeing my family. Linehaul hours stink, and city isn't any better. I changed careers. Took a big hit in the wallet, but am at a point in my life where the money isn't as important as the family. Took 401k from previous employer and payed off debt so I could change. May return to ltl after kids move on, Maybe. Y'all truck safe!!!! BTW, The T.M. in Roanoke was at my previous company (SEFL) so at least I knew what I had with him. Yes he did get fired there, but eventually, so did I. Things happen!

I dont understand how someone can defend NEMF and that mickey mouse union. I guess they forget how they were threatened that whatever terminal didnt approve the wage concession they would shut it down....then they shut down miami and canada and i believe a couple of other facilities with really no notice and the miami terminal just hired the an new TM.. canada---shut it down--done--all drivers unemployed...where was the representation? oh yea, each terminal negotiates individually so there cant be a strike......really?.........miron your a genious....

The drivers in Canada weren't union, weren't NEMF employees and were offered jobs with manatoulin. Mt Joy Pa drivers were relocated to camp hill.

if i understand correctly....the canada drivers were not NEMF employees and non union,but they were listed as so...MIKE , PLEASE BOTTLE this koolade your giving to this "UNION"
you ARE A GENIOUS !!!