R&L | New hires getting time and a half......????

Runnin' Late

TB Lurker
Credits
I saw a newly hired drivers pay stub on Friday. He's at the new starting rate but he's getting overtime after 40hrs!!!!!

...........WTF???? :ranting2:

This is Bullshit

what state is it law, huh what and what state are you in, running late? we are not getting time and a half in illinois. It doesn't seem right that we have a 10% across the board economic workforce reduction, and last I heard we were still sponsoring nascar and top fuel dragsters.

what state is it law, huh what and what state are you in, running late? we are not getting time and a half in illinois. It doesn't seem right that we have a 10% across the board economic workforce reduction, and last I heard we were still sponsoring nascar and top fuel dragsters.

Pro stock car not a fuel dragstar Jeg doesn't need our help we probably give the money just to keep their high claim bussiness (fiberglass hoods & other stuff )

Washington. I was kinda trippin when I heard some or a lot of you are only getting strait time. All the drivers here get OT, except the line and the drivers doing combo. I heard something about the OT requirement getting voided, if they cross a state line.
I think it was Interstate Dist who got sued over not giving OTR drivers OT, because of our law and they are based here. I think it got thrown out though.

for me 1.5 after 40 has always being a law in US, everywhere i have work they have paid me time and half in ot,when i got to the trucking industry that's where i start hearing trucking companies not wanting to pay 1.5 .
if they don't pay the ot as it should they can't force you to work after 40 and if you get fired because not wanting to work after 40 then lawsuit fits the picture there I also heard transp companies are exempted from that law but have never read it.

for me 1.5 after 40 has always being a law in US, everywhere i have work they have paid me time and half in ot,when i got to the trucking industry that's where i start hearing trucking companies not wanting to pay 1.5 .
if they don't pay the ot as it should they can't force you to work after 40 and if you get fired because not wanting to work after 40 then lawsuit fits the picture there I also heard transp companies are exempted from that law but have never read it.

If the Company you work for has any trucks that run Interstate.They do not have to pay overtime.Got this from Federal Wage Office

think you will find some states such as Washington has a requirement of overtime pay after 40 hours, this is where federal law and state law have a problem for drivers

My terminals topout is almost $23 an hour, but everyone hired since about Sep of 2008 only topout at about $19 and a half. Everyone has been starting at what they call a 3 year rate, of about $18.

It all boils down to what they can get away with. A silver bullet told me that 2 years ago, they could hardly find any drivers at almost $23 and now they get lots of drivers applying at $18.