ODFL | New Linehaul Bids

What terminal? Northeast?
TOP, now do a 698 turn day mon-fri, sat when asked, sometimes have to do different, will even bag if told short of equipment on turn end, take'm all the way. I was lowest on seniority with 8 years until addition of last 4 runs. Past 4 years did a 5/6 terminals/meets/relays, up to 48 drop/hooks, varied 518 to 600 nightly mon-fri, and every other sun until 34 hr restart messed up 6th day, wouldn't be a problem now. Before bagged wild/system, all 48, up to 9 weeks out, minimum 3 weeks.

TOP, now do a 698 turn day mon-fri, sat when asked, sometimes have to do different, will even bag if told short of equipment on turn end, take'm all the way. I was lowest on seniority with 8 years until addition of last 4 runs. Past 4 years did a 5/6 terminals/meets/relays, up to 48 drop/hooks, varied 518 to 600 nightly mon-fri, and every other sun until 34 hr restart messed up 6th day, wouldn't be a problem now. Before bagged wild/system, all 48, up to 9 weeks out, minimum 3 weeks.

Wow buddy, you're running! I believe our longest run at HAR is an Albany, NY (ALB) run - 640 some miles. Our veteran drivers can turn it with 30-40 minutes left. That's w/ turned up trucks. I managed to run it one way in about 5 hours 20 minutes. But, the route is a lot of mountains / hills / winding highways. And you can expect to usually hit inclement weather once you reach upstate NY. We have a South Windsor, CT (SWD) run that's just a few miles shorter. How much time do you have left doing that 698 turn?

The majority of our meet and turns are about 530 miles.

I have some friends that live in Missouri and commute to Parsons in order to run teams out West.

I think I would've enjoyed bagging more if I didn't have a young family. I did have some great experiences though. The nice thing about bagging is that you get to know other terminals. I believe I've been to all of the NE terminals, save for just a few. I think my favorite one was PVD. Great trucker-friendly hotel. Awesome sandwich shop right across the street from the terminal. WOR is in some beautiful country, and Steve is a great guy.

All in all, I'd have to say that I've been loving my time at OD. All the drivers seem to band together and my linehaul manager is fantastic. I know I'm pretty spoiled to have landed this job right out of trucking school. I don't ever plan on leaving the company. It's good to get to know some other drivers on this forum.

Been here for a year and a half... We've usually got a lot of freight but I think expanding MFS has hurt us. Our supervisor sez that if we had the same amount of drivers from last year we would be buried, but I think we overhired big time.

i've been reading some of your posts. you guys have that many drivers then w/ too little freight? how long have you been a driver at ATL?

Ouch
YInhgIV.jpg

This is what would happen if I got a hold of three!!!:33::6788::6817::1036316054: