ODFL | New Linehaul Bids

yep
5AuAVYh.jpg
that's beautiful!!!! like a big shiny choo choo train

On our latest bid(comes into effect tonight) two of our wild drivers got bids within 120 days of starting linehaul including one varsity(650 mi)run, timing is everything..
timing is INDEED everything. i make it a point to explain to prospective OD drivers that my situation was very unique. i was hired right out of school, only bagged for 1.5 months, was given a day wild schedule to cover until the rebid, and now already have enough seniority to land a night M-F linehaul schedule. also, LOCATION is everything too...

I'm not expecting to be able to nab a schedule any time soon out of GBO but even then I think the only one that would interest me is a wild turn schedule where I could hit up different terminals throughout the week. I just got in from running the NE since Thurs night and stayed busy nearly running out my drive time each dispatch. Last week I volunteered to run Indy for a couple of days before making my way down to Memphis and then home via MRT. I know there are a lot of people that don't like running that way but it keeps me entertained.

I know it's awful sweet to have a schedule where you know when you're leaving and can get consistent mileage but my preference is to sight see while on the road and I think the same section of highway 5 days a week would numb my brain.

I checked a couple of weeks ago to see where I was at on the seniority list and was surprised to see how high I was on the list considering how long I've been here (#197.)

timing is INDEED everything. i make it a point to explain to prospective OD drivers that my situation was very unique. i was hired right out of school, only bagged for 1.5 months, was given a day wild schedule to cover until the rebid, and now already have enough seniority to land a night M-F linehaul schedule. also, LOCATION is everything too...
What terminal are you at?

My team partner and I just found out we might be getting bumped off of our team run at our terminal. We are the only team out of our terminal, but found out because we have not been on it year it is up for bid.

Hard to believe you got 2 other drivers that want to team out. Just putting 2 persons together doesn't work out. Is team run going away? Remember 6 years ago, VGS doing away with team truck, had to go to RTO, (where truck would be based), or bid with others for available runs.