FedEx Freight | new local units

my city unit has air cd player power mirrors and cruise control not to mention it air ride and yes its an L i love that truck best local unit i ever drove.all the other L's they have been getting in have the same.heres an interesting fact for you we have a couple of automatic road units.

14wheeler said:
my city unit has air cd player power mirrors and cruise control not to mention it air ride and yes its an L i love that truck best local unit i ever drove.all the other L's they have been getting in have the same.heres an interesting fact for you we have a couple of automatic road units.
your ride is better than my personal car. Atta boy!!!

14wheeler said:

Same here it is a Kenworth T300 , a little small inside but it's ok , better than lot of guys have. I take good care of it but some of the new guys take it and seem like they really don't care what they do to it which really makes me angry.

Smokestack said:
Same here it is a Kenworth T300 , a little small inside but it's ok , better than lot of guys have. I take good care of it but some of the new guys take it and seem like they really don't care what they do to it which really makes me angry.

guys dont care plain and simple,no respect for another guys assingned unit at all....pound the **** out of the truck they ussually drive and then get in yours on your day off and pound it also,it is so hard to get good drivers anymore plus you have guys that just dont give a crap and if they see your truck is real clean and you obviaously take care of it they will trash it because it will **** you off nature of that type of person....it really is a shame in one instance

I have been out of her this week working in dispatch because of a hurt knee and I looked in it on Friday and it was trashed , just trashed ! It seems that the new guys are the greatest offenders that just do not care at all about the trucks. On my brand new truck I had a new guy snap my hoses because he did not unhook them doing a drop and dented the cab real bad and the shop had to replace all 3 of them. NICE ! Yea I know who cares........

Smokestack :realmad:

Yes I did the truck sits right in front on my CCM's window , I think he was written up for it and that is also a chargable . The shop will not fix the dents.

have been out all week as well hurt shoulder.i hope they let me go back i can't take it anymore.anyway i checked out the cab of mine and its a mess trash all over and my windex papertowels and clorox wipes gone.it looks like it hasn't been swept out since i got hurt.i'm sure it was new guys floating who trashed it.

That would be nice to have a city unit that is well equiped and is yours.I like road units, but they are the road drivers unit primarily.Its to bad you cant leave your stuff in without somebody messing with it also.

Our new locals have AM/FM/CD, air ride, A/C, PS, PM all that stuff.

Plus instead of that right side mounted mirror on the hood there is a video camera with a dashboard mounted 7" LCD video screen. Some of our R units are starting to get the same thing.

I need one because my slipseat drivers leaning tower of Galaxy blocks mine!

roog

i have yet to see a camera truck sounds cool i know what you mean about the leaning tower what a pain lucky for me my stem time is to far for me to use a road unit i get back in to late.although the last time i used an r in the city it had that vorad beeping things i almost ramed into a wall so i didn't have to here it beep anymore i wish you could shut that thing off

It's just like living near railroad tracks or an airport, after a while you don't even notice the noise. :-)

roog

Santaclause said:
guys dont care plain and simple,no respect for another guys assingned unit at all....pound the **** out of the truck they ussually drive and then get in yours on your day off and pound it also,it is so hard to get good drivers anymore plus you have guys that just dont give a crap and if they see your truck is real clean and you obviaously take care of it they will trash it because it will **** you off nature of that type of person....it really is a shame in one instance

Well, one reason for this may be the nature of the guy they share with.

They city guy who drives mine during the day is an absolute jerk. He'll complain if the seat doesn't smell right. He once had the nerve to tell me to stop "playing" with the CB. MY radio, but I have to stop "playing" with it.

Clean the windows and mirrors? Hell no, not for this guy. He won't do it for me. Why should I give a damn about him? I do it before I leave on the run and that's it.

One thing wouldn't do to anyone though is leave trash in it, at least not intentionally. There's no excuse whatsoever for that. What is so difficult for some people about the concept of throwing your trash away at the end of the day (or night)?

On the above note, I have to give the S.O.B. credit for one thing. If he dings anything, he hasn't tried to pin it on me, at least not yet.