Does anyone have a handle on what is going
on with road drivers and or line drivers, as far
as seniority?
I was told that too is changing. I am not here
trying to start another rumor, but it seems we
are being told the company wants us to go by
company seniority instead of road or line
seniority.
More changes ahead, and I'm fed up fred.

Sounds like hopeful wishing from those few who want a single board. That is not a rumor I have heard out here in the West, Thank GOD! It shouldn't effect me in anyway, but it's still not right!:nutkick:

well as a senior man who gave up seniority as a move on my part no regrets company seniority would solve a lot of the problems that are happening here. also on another note did u line haul guys not working read the rule book as to what u can do about work when city guys are working line haul jobs if your with in a drive time from another center

as seniority?
seniority.

oh wow ,i hope this is true there going to go by company senority that would be great,:1036316054:

Lord have mercy, if that were to happen there would be more on the job injuries just trying to get to the dispatch window, drivers would be slipping and falling on all the tear stained floors

as seniority?
seniority.

You are being told the co. wants Road Drivers to go by co. seniority regarding what? Everything? Something in particular? Was this just an individual supervisor handling something this way? I mean, over the years going through some of the hubs I've seen some individual sups. handle procedures in some pretty funky ways. Just trying to get a handle on what you're specificallly talking about. Can you elaborate?

Around here it's job class seniority, unless of course I didn't get the memo changing it yet. Also, this rumor gets floated around every couple of years or so by Road Drivers that are hoping and praying the co. will go to a one board system and only use co. seniority. Incidentally, these are typically Road Drivers that for various reasons ended up lower in job class (Road) seniority than what they could otherwise pull in co. seniority. I understand their situation too so everybody don't go jumping on me stating your case. I'm just stating where this usually originates. SO FAR, the co. has repeatedly stated it would not shake-up the entire system for this. The co. has stated it would not gain by doing so. Has that changed? I certainly can't answer that. I can only tell you what they have stated previously. In the end we know they do what they want so we'll see.

Personally, I think the co. has so much "shaking-up" already going on recently that I'd chalk this one up to rumor. Hey, I could be wrong, in fact, my wife says it's a habit of mine.

this is fedex freight the rules and policys change on a whim.they will never be written again.at fedex the only policy you need to worry about is the fedex will do what ever when ever how ever they want wether it be fair or not.

people first if you don't count everything else!

If the company were to go this route, then every driver system wide should be allowed to transfer to whatever center that he or she would maximize their seinority. This would be a one time transfer so the employee could have a fair shot. Just my two cents.

this is fedex freight the rules and policys change on a whim.they will never be written again.at fedex the only policy you need to worry about is the fedex will do what ever when ever how ever they want wether it be fair or not.

people first if you don't count everything else!

?? FedEx West has had a handbook every year I have been here. It seems that's a problem with East specifically.

:furious:Why not leave seniority the way it is. We already have to deal with more corporate bullshit as far as changes. Company keeps changing their rules and policies to whatever the F... suits them best. I don't know about the rest of you but I wish they would stop changing the policies that have been in place for years. STOP THE BULL.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nice! 12years of road seniority down the drain. it would really be cool to be bumped down by a city driver who didn't want to work nights.

All I can say is changing the rules in
the middle of the game is not always
the most popular idea.
I can't complain much. The janitor has
a better run than I do. Plus he gets more
miles.