Averitt | New sleepers in nashville

jeepman

Truckload Mercenary
Credits
Saw these on the yard Monday in Nashville..
mj34ft.jpg

1z3nzf9.jpg

1hf3wx.jpg

idwr3l.jpg

44bx1.jpg

More Pic's
wuh6bn.jpg

16hrqld.jpg

I thought AVRT was thrilled with the D13 motor and the 12 speed trans...why go back to the ISX15 400hp@2100 rpm motor, and a 10speed isn't this the same motor that was in the 04 and 05 Volvo's and we all know what a piece of junk that motor was! Avrt needs to remove the rightside lower cabinent in the sleeper. A perfect place to put a fridge or a standup cooler....wait we can't do that,because we now have run a A/C hose up thru there to the top bunk...that NO ONE USES to sleep on......DRIVER INPUT!!!! Still no AUX plug in the radio!!!!!Do those comfort Pro APU's have a heating element in them or are we just going to freeze when it it get's cold out! ANYONE KNOW!

Last edited by a moderator:
Have to disagree a little with the a/c hose to the top bunk...it flushes out the hot air that gathers at the top of the bunk and keeps the the whole bunk a lot cooler...That was the biggest problem I had with my last truck the tripac couldn't keep up with the hot air at the top and the bunk really couldn't operate that well...

Here's some pictures of the new Cascadia Sleeper's that have just arrived

Saw these while I was in NAS getting 13538 worked on,I figuired what the heck,why not try for one. MY truck has the right miles for a trade off to a newer driver.I asked,answer...NO! These are promised out,I saw the driver of a 137xx Cascadia moving out of his into a 14xxx Cascadia:butt kiss: Even though I have ALL my points,I guess they are STILL holding the bumper scrape I had at KEEFE Supply JAX in 2011 against me...OH WELL!!! LIFE GOES ON! here's, some pictures,
f9cmq.jpg

ei4mtc.jpg

fmv3nc.jpg

2e329ns.jpg

More picture's

fm7uh3.jpg

des3ux.jpg

10nyxpc.jpg

j5bmdt.jpg

k3simr.jpg

Other than the stupid spare tire rack,and the placement of the APU box IN THE CENTER OF THE STORAGE SPACE UNDER THE BUNK,running the A/C hose up thru the place we here we put the standup coolers, and the upper center storage compartment,...no real changes. I ran into another driver who has been here longer than me,he was PIZZED he did'nt get one,he was told by L Dxxxxxl's that these were all the Cascadias until after the 1st of the year..I guess he does'nt know about the 50-60 new Cascadia's I saw at the Freightliner dealer Thurs getting warrenty work done not including ALL the new daycabs over there. Was told by a new truck delivery driver that there are at least 50-75 new trucks for AVERITT in San Antonio Tx waiting to be delivered to NAS.:clapping:

I was recently offered a 2013 Volvo after only being in the Cascadia a year to which I politely declined. Seemed kind of sudden to me. I have a feeling others were declining before they got to me.

I was recently offered a 2013 Volvo after only being in the Cascadia a year to which I politely declined. Seemed kind of sudden to me. I have a feeling others were declining before they got to me.
Anybody but a Volvo FANATIC would turn them down,ISX15 400hp at 2100 rpm,not a ISX15 400hp ST,A REAL WOOFER!,10SPD WITH THE OLD CONSOLE,no room,no storage. After looking at the the NEW Cascadia's grass burners and the way they installed the APU componets,along with the spare tire rack,GOODYEAR tires,now that 13538 is finally fixed....I ain't going to look for a new truck!

I climbed in a new FL daycab in BHM and checked the Qualcomm for MPG and it showed 6.1 average and he runs Nas to Bhm. My '13 Volvo has never seen under 7.0, normally 7.4.

Well, that sucks. Wonder where it is going? Did they finally decide to route the air through the actual sleeper vents?
goes up thru the TV compartment,and to a vent. When you have people setting up a truck with NO regard to what the drivers needs are,this is what you get...notice they don't even vac up the plastic shavings.

I climbed in a new FL daycab in BHM and checked the Qualcomm for MPG and it showed 6.1 average and he runs Nas to Bhm. My '13 Volvo has never seen under 7.0, normally 7.4.

Check out my Hey Corperate thread I posted today.....how about 8.3