ODFL | New Terminals

DMT

TB Veteran
Credits
Cedar Rapids IA probably opened today and Long Beach Ca will be along shortly.Anybody hear of any others that are planned to open besides Akron-Canton OH.

Cedar Rapids IA probably opened today and Long Beach Ca will be along shortly.Anybody hear of any others that are planned to open besides Akron-Canton OH.

Only new terminal in our area I know of is Atlanta West and it opened first of the year. CLT looks to be getting some major work done...they have been setting up a new driveway/gate and some have said there is a new building possibly in the works.

i went to cedar rapids on 3/25/07 there abr. is cdr they were working on the office said they where to open on 3/26/07 term not to bad and is not hard to find :1036316054:

I talked to the terminal manager in Charleston, WV who works all the area's around Canton, and he said they are not going put one in Canton, they are going to put it in Parkersburg, WV. He said there was a change in the decision for some reason.
You can go to Old Dominion Freight Line, Inc. corporate news, click on facts and see all the terminals that are open as of now..total 184, and newspaper on the company here in High Point, N.C. says with interview with the Pres. said they might reach as much as 250 terminals in the next 3 years..this is a big growth...

if you look at a map of Ohio it would be clear that Charleston WV does not service Canton OH,both Cleveland or Youngstown service the area but definitely not Charleston.

Canton was supposed to open last year. Our regional VP was here last week. He said they are looking for land for both Cleveland and Canton to build new terminals. Cleveland has 1.5 years left on its current lease, the dock is to small so they are starting to look now. I think he said the want around 80 doors, currently we have 42. It probably takes a year to go thru the whole process to build a terminal. There just arent any terminals available in Canton so they are talking about building there. Also Cleveland covers Canton right now, south of that is actually covered by Columbus, 2 hours to get to 1st stop.

I tried to tell you guys, that they are not going to build a terminal in Canton, Ohio. according to the Reginal manager and terminal manager in Charleston, WV. They have decided to put it in Parkersburg, WV. This terminal can serve Marieatta, Ohio, New Philidephia, Canton(south part) and Wheeling, WV and Cleveland will take care of the radius north and above..this is subject to change, but as of two weeks ago this is the plan right out of the horse's mouth...from the corp. office...time will tell..

canton is better than a hundred miles from parkersburg. that'd be a sweet peddle run, 2 hrs driving on the clock before your first stop and after your last. wonder if they'd pay you by the hr or mileage to get to your area.

that is what i was saying ,look at the map it is way to far for parkersburg to run canton,it seems plain stupid

Has anybody heard any more on the Las Vegas land they bought yet ? Is it just sitting or has any work started on it ?

Posted before: Opening date for KCY sept. 07 160 door terminal. Moving from 68 door terminal. Hope you guys hope the best 4 me I am used to small operations.